Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2022 KLR650 - Fully loaded
786 Posts
REFUND TIME! Sorry this has happened to you.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yeesh! That looks so terrible that I wonder if the rubber dampers will really solve the problem - it almost looks like deficient materials? Good luck and let us know what happens!

·
Registered
393 Posts
It's a beautiful set of crash bars. I do believe it's biggest flaw is a lack of an upper support bar. It is using only the lower bars that attach to the bike's main frame down tube, to support all the weight up top, also to support the bike in the event of a crash. So all that weight and pressure is being concentrated on that one area, and the vibration that reverberates across those "wing" tubes is a lot. SRC needs to either redesign these bars to have an upper cross bar, and/or make the tube thicker at those mounting points. I would recommend they just use rubber isolated bolt on cross bars (not welded). That would greatly reduce vibrations between the two "wing" cross bars while still providing ample strength in a crash.

·
Registered
2022 KLR650 - Fully loaded
786 Posts
It looked like the break occurred near the weld, but not at the weld joint. I wonder if the welding heat fatigued the cheap beer-can metal they used to make those bars.
I wouldn’t trust those cb’s even with an upper mounting point.

·
Premium Member
2022 KLR Adventure
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeesh! That looks so terrible that I wonder if the rubber dampers will really solve the problem - it almost looks like deficient materials? Good luck and let us know what happens!
The real problem I have with those rubber dampers is that front engine mount will not be bolted solid like it was originally designed. SRC is “solving” their problem and creating another one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi KLR riders,
We wanted to follow up and address the concerns posted here regarding the issue with our crash bars for the KLR G3.
SRC MOTO is the Americas distributor of SRC Designs adventure motorcycle products manufactured in Sriracha Thailand. (SRC is short for Sriracha) The first thing we want to clear up is that we are committed to resolving the issue as quickly as possible and with minimal inconvenience to our customers. Warranty replacement parts are on the way to us and are expected to arrive to us around August 1st.

The owner of SRC Designs is a passionate adventure motorcycle enthusiast. His main business is the automation of manufacturing processes and quality improvement.

There are a few statements in his thread alleging poor materials and workmanship, so we wanted to address that immediately. SRC Designs uses state of the art manufacturing processes and quality materials.

Here's a short video of SRC's Production Processes

Here are the tubing material specifications

Here's a little insight into who we are

We'll keep this forum informed of any updates or related news.

If you have a question, please contact us directly at [email protected]

If you find your crah bar has failed, please send a photo to the above email address and will will ensure that you get a replacement in a timely manner.
Regards,
Scott & Erin

·
Premium Member
2022 KLR Adventure
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi KLR riders,
We wanted to follow up and address the concerns posted here regarding the issue with our crash bars for the KLR G3.
SRC MOTO is the Americas distributor of SRC Designs adventure motorcycle products manufactured in Sriracha Thailand. (SRC is short for Sriracha) The first thing we want to clear up is that we are committed to resolving the issue as quickly as possible and with minimal inconvenience to our customers. Warranty replacement parts are on the way to us and are expected to arrive to us around August 1st.

The owner of SRC Designs is a passionate adventure motorcycle enthusiast. His main business is the automation of manufacturing processes and quality improvement.

There are a few statements in his thread alleging poor materials and workmanship, so we wanted to address that immediately. SRC Designs uses state of the art manufacturing processes and quality materials.

Here's a short video of SRC's Production Processes

Here are the tubing material specifications

Here's a little insight into who we are

We'll keep this forum informed of any updates or related news.

If you have a question, please contact us directly at [email protected]

If you find your crah bar has failed, please send a photo to the above email address and will will ensure that you get a replacement in a timely manner.
Regards,
Scott & Erin
Good to see you addressing the problem here. I’m kind of surprised you’re new to the forum.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yup I'm glad they're active. Because posts like this are already in Facebook, and if you frequent that site, you know the opinions and information there isn't the best. Tons of things are taken out of context, tons of noobies....misinformation....and good information mixed together.

·
Premium Member
2022 KLR Adventure
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Restless, The KLR is a new application for SRC. We just got the products this year, so it's taken us a while to figure out the popular social media channels.
Regards
I see. For some reason I thought you had Gen 2 bars as well. I’ve looked at so many sites after I bought this bike though it’s hard to keep track. ☺

·
Premium Member
11,089 Posts
My Linux operating system won't open Video #1 & #3. The #2 material specs pops right up.

Not any big deal, as I don't use crash bars on my Gen 1, just FYI.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Linux operating system won't open Video #1 & #3. The #2 material specs pops right up.

Not any big deal, as I don't use crash bars on my Gen 1, just FYI.
Thanks for the note pdwestman- I just checked and the youtube links aren't resolving for us either. It might be because we only have a couple of posts?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts