Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can truly say that the cheap Ebay footpegs hold my feet much better, but now when I stand I am leaning over the windshield and feel alomost out of control.
What do you tall guys do? Is my technique wrong?
Im 6'5"

This is getting complicated.....

·
Premium Member
5,501 Posts
I'm the same way. I have peg-lowering brackets, but they dont' really make much of a difference when standing. I put on some bar risers, but that made things worse as they also moved the bars rearward quite a bit. So, while both those mods made my sitting posture more comfortable, they didn't do anything to help me out when standing on the pegs. I feel your pain. I've always wanted to try those Rox swivelling risers, but they're pretty pricey.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Just plain ol' handlebar risers helped my ergonomics somewhat, though I'm hardly NBA height. Some angular adjustment of the bars, fore and aft, improves things. Mind the cable wrap! :)

·
Registered
1,928 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
I'm 6'4", so I have an inch benefit over you.

The PO had the bars tilted way back, and I couldn't stand and use them. So I tilted them forward, and now it's possible. I also had to tilt the levers down more.

Still not the most comfortable thing, though. I'd considered risers, but hadn't gotten around to buying them.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Spend the extra for the Rox Risers. You'll never look back.

I seem to remember having to re-route the clutch cable, everything else was OK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts