Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang, had to let you know about my 'stupid' accident. The other night I open up the garage, get back on the bike and 'walk' it in past my other 2 bikes, decide to lock the steering before getting off, then stood on my left leg and dropped the bike over. Yep, sidestand up. You'd be amazed how fast they go down when the wheel can roll away to the right. Crushed foot, bent gear lever, and screwed arm from lifting it off my leg from sitting position. Not a good start to a long weekend!

·
Administrator
3,609 Posts
:banghead::banghead::banghead::t1202:

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Damn, I'm sorry you got busted up man. If it's any consolation, I have seen some big old Harleys fall the exact same way.

For what it's worth (cause I've almost done it), I always double check the stand and always leave the bike in gear if I'm locking the column or parking. Still would have fallen, but you might have gotten a chance to get your leg out.

Rest up. And don't beat yourself up. It'll be a funny story. Give it time. :t1204:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Lockjaw, first time I've ever locked the steering before getting off, and I'm sure I would have caught it in time if the wheel was straight and I had both hands on the bars. Oh, and yeah I'm glad it wasn't my Harley! [ I'd still be under it - ha ha].

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Harleys are nice. Can we PLEASE see a pic of the Norton!? :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Harleys are nice. Can we PLEASE see a pic of the Norton!? :)
Sure thing Lockjaw, if I can figure how to insert a pic on this. Foot still achin' pretty good, hard to believe I can do that much to myself at a standstill! ha ha

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts