Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a KLR owner for about 5 years now and it seems this bike and I just keep getting to be better friends as time goes on. I was kind of a BMW snob but as they kept getting both more complicated and expensive, I tried going back air heads but they were too old. Bought an '09 KLR with about 12K on it that had been to Alaska and back and I swear this is the best bike I've ever owned! Progressive springs in front, Cee Baily shield, tail and tank bags and a few other odds and ends and I wouldn't trade it for anything.......!

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
Glad to hear about your conversion.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey Steve,
I'm a BMW guy also, I started with a 2000 K1200LT in 2006. Put 65k on it in 5 1/2 years and traded up to the K1600GTL in 2011. Still have the K16 but have added a 2015 KLR to the garage. I still love my K bike and put a few hundred miles on it just this morning but the KLR is a hoot to ride. Love how easy it is to throw around on the dirt or street. I've gotten the rear tire to slide out a few time while down shifting and coming in hot into corners on both street and dirt. >:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts