Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I have gotten my new 2022 KLR, it seems like every person that comes to speak with me about my pig starts asking if it is a good preppers bike, not sure why they ask that question. They also start talking about other strange prepping for like Zombies and nuclear disaster. WTH is going on, is it just me or do you guys get this same type of attention?

·
Registered
287 Posts
In 130,000 miles I’ve had some odd questions but never anything like that,
Most common, do you travel long distance?
Do you go on the highway with knobbies? Yes!

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Since you mentioned it,I was wondering about EMP on my gen3. Probably has a chip or two in the FI module. I s there any in gen2 or 1? Maybe in the rectifier??

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hah!
Back in 2017 before I bought my KLR, we were having some wood on our house treated for termites. The worker saw my KTM 300 in the garage and we started talking about motorcycles. I told him that I wanted to buy a KLR to add to the stable. He said "Awesome! that is the perfect bike for the zombie apocalypse". He then chuckled and said he would like to get one also.

Since I have gotten my new 2022 KLR, it seems like every person that comes to speak with me about my pig starts asking if it is a good preppers bike, not sure why they ask that question. They also start talking about other strange prepping for like Zombies and nuclear disaster. WTH is going on, is it just me or do you guys get this same type of attention?

·
Registered
455 Posts
I've heard the same thing (zombie apocalypse, etc.), but it's mostly a statement about the low-technology, bulletproof nature of the KLR; if the "zombies are coming", having a bike that is reliable and easily maintained would be more of a priority than status or speed.

Along those lines, I was told that "Coyotes, cockroaches, and KLRs will be the last things running in the west..."

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
I think my gen 3 will be toast in the event of an EMP blast because of the FI controller but you gen 1 and 2 guys will be good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts