Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2001 has quite a few stress marks in different places? is this common? anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
517 Posts
My 94 is showroom clean. Are you tightening your screws too much? I also don't leave it in the sun unless I am riding it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dunno about the sun... i havent owned it too long but it has been staying out side recently :(. and i dunno about the screws being too tight but its too late to loosen them now anyway

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Buy a cover for it, if you are keeping it outside. The cover I am using was one that fit my dad's old GL1200 goldwing. It fits perfectly with the trunk and side boxes. I have no fading or issues from being outside. Of course it does see too much washing and spray on wax to help cut out those UV rays. :) I know, a clean KLR disqualifies me as a bonafied klr owner LMAO...

·
Registered
189 Posts
:character00201:

I have a cover I bought for mine at Wal-Mart for about $30. It repels water and protects from UV rays. Get the large. I tried to buy the medium sized one that was supposed to fit but I fund was too short. The biggest was the right fit due to the height of the bike. I have a small leather trunk on mine but a bigger one along with side bags would fit fine with this one.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Picked up one yesterday at W/M for wife's bike. Marked down to $15. Surprisingly substantial, but not waterproof.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts