Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I know DX has used this, but since he went Strom, he doesn't visit that often.. I'll PM him for you and see if he can pipe in on the subject. :D

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
i like loud! i was going to use the muffler and the jet kit and get a uni filter. the jet kit is a dyno jet (http://klr650.com/jetkit.htm)
Exactly. "Jet kits are manufactured by one of the following: FMF, Moose, DynoJet, or Studebaker"
For that price you will get the Studebaker kit, not one of the name brands listed.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Almost everything sold at 650.com is a copy and manufactured in China. I refuse to shop there.

I will be selling a used Super Trap IDS2 muffler (no mid-pipe) after I get the Suzuki GSXR 750 muffler mounted.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't want no china junk on my bike, ill probably just go with the vance and hines xcr or the two brothers m7

say i was to use one the the exhaust listed above and a uni filter what size jet would you recommend starting off with? and with the needles that come with the jet kits are they shaped better than the stock ones?

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
I don't want no china junk on my bike, ill probably just go with the vance and hines xcr or the two brothers m7

say i was to use one the the exhaust listed above and a uni filter what size jet would you recommend starting off with? and with the needles that come with the jet kits are they shaped better than the stock ones?
Start with the 22 cent mod. A washer or two to raise the stock needle. If you need more adjustability there is the OEM KLX needle and main jets or Dyno Jet kit.

·
Registered
338 Posts
For what its worth, James Dean Jetting offers a kit for the KLR now. I tihnk that it comes with a selection of jets and two different needles. I have heard that they are good about support and advice, but have never had to use it as their recommendations were spot on. I wouldn't use anything else- nothing but excellent results. Just another option.

http://www.jdjetting.com/xcart/product.php?productid=106&cat=0&page=1&featured

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
Exactly. "Jet kits are manufactured by one of the following: FMF, Moose, DynoJet, or Studebaker"
For that price you will get the Studebaker kit, not one of the name brands listed.

They say the same about footpegs. I highly doubt you are getting IMS pegs. To me statements like those should be illegal.

Manufactured by one of the following: IMS, Moose, Sunline or Studebaker.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rx-14

Has anyone used the RX-14 that is sold on KLR650.com? looks like a good deal with the air filter and jet kit.

I had the same question, this was KLR.COM response, Works for me!

James:

The air filters come from one of the following vendors:

K&N, Moose, Studebaker, none of these guys deal with China that we know of. They are all reliable companys. Studebaker has the best warrenty 12 months or 12,000 miles and if you have the extended warrenty they extend their warranty also.

Jet kits are supplied by one of the following:

Moose, Dyno Jet, FMF, or Studebaker, we have know say on which one the kits come with. Though I know Studebaker is working with K&N to supply their Harley kits.

I checked with shipping and your muffler kit will come with the Studebaker Jet kit and a K&N filter so looks like the rumor boys are wrong again.

Kelley
Tech Support
KLR650.com
[email protected]
888-297-6686

1 - 12 of 12 Posts