Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Welcome to the forum,you may want to correct your Web address,sorry can't afford a donation to support your travel plans.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum,you may want to correct your Web address,sorry can't afford a donation to support your travel plans.
If you're refering to the missing w it's because you need 15 posts or more to insert a web link. I didn't have enough so I cheated and took a w out and was sure everyone would get the point.
Not after any donations, just spreadin da word.

·
Registered
901 Posts
If you're refering to the missing w it's because you need 15 posts or more to insert a web link. I didn't have enough so I cheated and took a w out and was sure everyone would get the point.
Not after any donations, just spreadin da word.
And I'll say "Thanks!" for sharing the link - even without the "w". I was able to waste a bit of last night's shift reading through Sturgis Chick's thread. It's a pretty good read so far.

With any luck, I'll be able to waste some more time during tonight's shift reading more of it. :13:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And I'll say "Thanks!" for sharing the link - even without the "w". I was able to waste a bit of last night's shift reading through Sturgis Chick's thread. It's a pretty good read so far.

With any luck, I'll be able to waste some more time during tonight's shift reading more of it. :13:
Jolly good show. Just make sure you don't accidently do some work in between reads.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I don't know if anyone else here is following along, but SturgisChick and her boyfriend have been having a totally awesome adventure on their ride down through South America. I've "fallen behind" a bit because I haven't been reading from work (kinda got chewed out by my Supervisor, so I decided "screw it, I'll just stay off the internet from work unless it's weather or news), but they've been through some awesome passes...

Here's one of them in Peru:

I thought it was so cool, I decided to find it on Google Earth just so see what the terrain looked like...

I knew the Andes have some fantastic peaks and glaciers - I just didn't know there were ones like this in Peru!

If you've got a few hours to waste, have a read in her thread! She's got some really good pics in there, too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know if anyone else here is following along, but SturgisChick and her boyfriend have been having a totally awesome adventure on their ride down through South America. I've "fallen behind" a bit because I haven't been reading from work (kinda got chewed out by my Supervisor, so I decided "screw it, I'll just stay off the internet from work unless it's weather or news), but they've been through some awesome passes...
Here's one of them in Peru:
I thought it was so cool, I decided to find it on Google Earth just so see what the terrain looked like...
I knew the Andes have some fantastic peaks and glaciers - I just didn't know there were ones like this in Peru!
If you've got a few hours to waste, have a read in her thread! She's got some really good pics in there, too.
Thanks for the great feedback. The Cordillera Blanca in Peru is certainly an amazing place. The KLR wasn't a fan of the altitude though !
In the Lake District, Argentina now. Still on for a late Jan, early Feb arrival in Ushuaia.
Ride fast and take chances.
UKbri

·
Administrator
3,631 Posts
Interesting read for sure. Wish I still worked night shifts.

Early on she changes a tire in Quebec, Canada. Anybody recognize the brand, model?? Never seen this tire before.

·
Administrator
3,631 Posts
Ya, you are correct. That's why I didn't recognize it - out of my budget.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts