Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lord help me . . . I've got a credit app in for a new bike . . .

I accompanied a couple friends to the Harley stealership for a promotional "test ride" day - but no, no Hogs in my future! The only ones that are comfortable are way too much moolah.

So, we motored over to the Yamaha dealer. Much more better! My buddy is now in process of selling two bikes to upgrade to an 1100cc V-Star. I got to looking at the bikes, and was drawn to a 'used' (75 miles on the clock!) Suzuki S-50 (805cc). Black and chrome - pretty. Seat feels good. Ergonomics are good. Already has windshield and sidebag supports. So, my app is in, and I've considered the finances. Hopefully soon, I'll join the ranks of Multiple Bike Disorder sufferers. :mrgreen:

They asked me if I'd be trading in the Thunder Lizard! Heck no, I need it for the dirt road, trails and mountain twisties! :twisted:

·
Registered
8 Posts
OMG....me too! I just came back from a test ride on a Buell Ulysses and we looked at Honda CRF250X. If I get the Ulysses I'd sell the KLR. If I keep the KLR I would get the CRF. I'd love to do pure dirt but I would also love to ride fast for hours in comfort. You really need all three. This is truely a lifetime addiction. I'm leaning towards th Ulysses.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Way to go BigDog.
I was coming back from me Mum's in Havana and thought I saw old Thundar Lizard in the Yammy parking lot. I was wondering WTF.

Good luck and let us know how it gooes.

Mx

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Is it something in the water????

I am trying to buy a super sherpa for the wife. But I think I am too far down on the list to get it. It popped up on ADV last night and this AM I was third or fourth in line for it. But I did offer CASH, so maybe the others will fall through.

·
Registered
284 Posts
All I know is Bigdog57 is skeered to come round these parts anymore. MXtrail you should ask him what his aversion is to "swamps" this time of year....

ROFLMHineyOFF!!! :si0151

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Don't worry about it...

I owned up to 7 running and licensed bikes at one time.. :r0012

I'm currently resting at 4 right now, and it was all I could do to pass the BMW dealership in Beaver Dam, WI this afternoon..

It's a sickness, but it's a good one.. :si0060

·
Registered
477 Posts
Paper said:
It's a sickness, but it's a good one.. :si0060
+1...There are alot worst thing you could spend the money on. Bikes are an extention of your personality, and it appears that Paper has alot of personality... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Multiple Bike Disorder is something I certainly hope they do not find a cure for!

About the only problem is that storage space can become a problem - you need to get creative when storing the bikes. Let's just say I can stack the 6 of mine into the garage and still keep room to move about. It has taken some time of trial and error, but pretty well worth it!

Go for it BigDog57!

However, have you ever looked at these . . . . Big Dog Motorcycles.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Word has it that 5 is the "ideal" number!

One can begin to run out of space tho.

It can also be a bit more maintenance.

And insurance. And...and...

Good luck! Mark H.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Gentlemen ,gentlemen......it's a fact that you can NEVER have too many bikes!!!.... :roll: .......I'm up to seven registered and still I lust for more......muahahahahaha!!!! :twisted:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts