Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

How would y'all mount this bag to...

This rack?

The way it's designed is that the piece on the right is bolted to a fender or rear luggage rack. Then the bag uses Velcro to attach to the bolted on pad. And then is secured with a strap and catch front and back. The problem I have is the design of the rack is tubular bars. So I can not bolt down the pad. I have a couple ideas but none are very good. Any input would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,476 Posts
Maybe something along these lines: a nylon or rubber-coated clamp that wouldn't mar the finish on your nice rack. Put four of them around the tubes then use a nut/bolt to attach the plastic pad thing your bag mounts to. Might have to relocate the holes in the plastic pad depending on how the spacing of the tubes works out in relation to the holes in the pad.

http://www.electerm.com/clamp.html

I would imagine you could find something along these lines at a local hardware store so you wouldn't have to wait on an online order.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Seen the CL clamps planalp was talking about at hardware and auto parts stores. Also there are conduit clamps at hardware stores that look like the ones that they use on skid plates in different sizes.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those ideas are a whole lot better than zip ties and duc tape.

Looks like I'm making a trip to the hardware store somewhere in my near future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts