Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So me and my dad make it a point to go on a motorcycle trip together every summer, we did daytona bike week, sturgis bike week,ohio bike week, two years ago him and my mom went to laconia but I passed, last year they went to americade and I passed on that for an 8hr 38 degree ride to maryland in late october to camp with friends....:18: This year though he wants to ride to the smoky mountains national park it's about 750 miles from buffalo. I started checking it out and planning stops on google earth. day one would be buffalo to shanendoah state park, camp there then shanendoah to smoky mountians, on the way back go through columbus ohio where my sister lives and stay there for the night and then a few hour ride back to buffalo, just wondering if anybody has been to either park and has a good recommendation for places to stay, we will be tent camping. Also if anybody has any info on any ohv trails around either place? Any info is appreciated

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
You need to get ahold of Cherokee Chuck. He has some great maps and rides in the Tellico areas. If I can find them I'll pass them along, but not sure where I have put the emails he sent me.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I did two trips From Columbus to the Smokies last summer. I can tell you about one area to stay away from, Gattlinburg! One big traffic jam and tourist trap!
I did a ride report here:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=378832
Pisgah area was nice and looked like it had some intesesting offroad opportunities plus less traveled camping areas. Rt 165 from Robinsonville to Tellico planes is a great road to tour across. The Dragon (rt 129) is nice but becomes a bigger and bigger hotspot for speed traps every year.:18:

If you make it towards Columbus post your visit time frame and type of riding interest in http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28732 to hook up with us local Ohioans for camping, awsome rides and good places to eat.:)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
i'd like to register on that site but it says admin shut down registration and i can't figure out how to get ahold of anyone
You can't register on ADV rider?:confused:
I'll contact one of the admin and see whats up.:16a:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I contacted a friend of mine who is a Mod and here is what he said:
\
Registrations on ADV are on and off right now. The amount of members is huge, and new members are 100+ per day, and it's bogging the servers and admins trying to process apps. Have him keep trying at diffrent times of the day.
/
hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts