Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have a full length heavy jacket but am looking for more of a standard length lighter style.
I tried on KLIM today just to see how it felt but there was not one in my size. And it retailed for 299.00, i think i could do better if i shopped around.

What suggestions do you all have for brand/style, etc?
Thanks

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
I have had great satisfaction with my Olympia jacket. Model I have is no longer available but has been a perfect jacket for me. What kind of temperatures are you riding in. What i your location?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I got the hi-vis, wife likes me to be seen.
It fits well. I am 5-11 210 lbs and the large tall makes me pretty happy. I generally find that true with other shirts and jackets as well. Large is to small, X-L is often to baggy but L-T seems to fit well.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have had great satisfaction with my Olympia jacket. Model I have is no longer available but has been a perfect jacket for me. What kind of temperatures are you riding in. What i your location?
My location is the nw part of montana so riding season is limited to early fall where temps may be in the lower 40's, then through spring. I also want a brighter colored jacket inorder to be better seen by other motorists.

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
Kalispell area?? I've been in Montana lots. Love it.

Check out the Tourmaster Transition. Great jacket. And again Olympia has nice stuff too but that's just my opinion.

Check over in the Flea Market on ADV Rider. Some good deals can be had there on lightly used stuff.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kalispell area?? I've been in Montana lots. Love it.

Check out the Tourmaster Transition. Great jacket. And again Olympia has nice stuff too but that's just my opinion.

Check over in the Flea Market on ADV Rider. Some good deals can be had there on lightly used stuff.
Exactly, Kalispell is where is live. Thanks, i'll check out the tourmaster and if you ever get back here again i'll buy you a beer at Mooses or if you have your bike then we'll go for a scooter ride too.

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
Exactly, Kalispell is where is live. Thanks, i'll check out the tourmaster and if you ever get back here again i'll buy you a beer at Mooses or if you have your bike then we'll go for a scooter ride too.
I may just take you up on that. I'm in Kalispell every year and will be again sometime this year, probably in June. I'll be riding the Goldwing with the Mrs.

·
Lifetime Member
2,484 Posts
+1 on the Tourmaster Transition... I have the Transition 2 in high viz and I love it. With the liner removed and the vents all open it's quite comfortable in warmer temps. Every once in a while you see them on sale for dynamite prices too. I'm watching for sales, I have a little larger girth than I thought I did when I ordered my medium... ;)

I know some people think the high viz is dorky but I believe it's saved my bacon on a few occasions. I've had vehicles start to pull out and then jump on their brakes... I think they look "past" me, but then the jacket slaps them in the face and wakes them up. Lol!

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
+1 on the Tourmaster Transition... I have the Transition 2 in high viz and I love it. With the liner removed and the vents all open it's quite comfortable in warmer temps. Every once in a while you see them on sale for dynamite prices too. I'm watching for sales, I have a little larger girth than I thought I did when I ordered my medium... ;)

I know some people think the high viz is dorky but I believe it's saved my bacon on a few occasions. I've had vehicles start to pull out and then jump on their brakes... I think they look "past" me, but then the jacket slaps them in the face and wakes them up. Lol!
That extra "girth" is from eating your bacon not saving it.

:HappyRoll::HappyRoll:

I have a high vis jacket in orange/red whatever you want to call it. My brother says I look like a road cone riding a bike. Whatever works. I love the jacket.

Stew. If you decide to sell your Medium my brother may be interested.

·
Lifetime Member
2,484 Posts
That extra "girth" is from eating your bacon not saving it.

:HappyRoll::HappyRoll:

I have a high vis jacket in orange/red whatever you want to call it. My brother says I look like a road cone riding a bike. Whatever works. I love the jacket.

Stew. If you decide to sell your Medium my brother may be interested.

Lol! You got me there! I love bacon! :animal0026:
I've put on about 50 pounds over the last few years so I seem to order everything too darn small... ;)

My medium still fits, I just can't take deep breaths... Lol!
I would sell it when I find a large, but I've had if for a few years and it's fairly worn, I don't think anyone would want it :character00201:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts