Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my 2006 KLR.
When I pull that $1000 trigger...any recommendations for good tires? Especially ones to fit the rear?
Track days and some spirited riding to ensue...I hope.

·
Premium Member
11,528 Posts
Track day on a KLR? Go-cart track or full sized? I think that I would be looking at Michelin tires.
Anakee Adventure's come in KLR sizes. Or a Pilot Street on the rear.

·
Premium Member
2002 gen 1 street-ized commuter special
103 Posts
michelin road 5 140/70r/17 just put one on my gen 1 commuter tired of low miles bias ply tires

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Track day on a KLR? Go-cart track or full sized? I think that I would be looking at Michelin tires.
Anakee Adventure's come in KLR sizes. Or a Pilot Street on the rear.
I raced Yamaha XS650's, Honda CB750's back in the day...on rubber that is street stuff now.
I did graduate to Yamaha FZR, Ducati 900, 851 and 1000. Quit racing @ 65...too old and too fat...
I am regressing. Took the KLR and my '99 SuperHawk to Black Hawk Farms for a track day in May. Ran Shinko TrailMaster on the KLR, Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa with tire warmers on the SuperHawk. Had way more fun on the KLR. The SuperHawk is up for sale, proceeds to fund SuperMoto wheels and tires on the KLR.
The question always is..."which would you rather do, ride a fast bike slow, or a slow bike fast?"
YMMV

·
Premium Member
11,528 Posts
The question always is..."which would you rather do, ride a fast bike slow, or a slow bike fast?"
YMMV
With over 89,000 miles on my 1987, do I need to answer that question?

I envy your location to tracks! 6-12 KLR's on one track sounds like a real 'hoot' to me. I hope that you have like minded riders with dual-sport bikes near you, willing to test their skills also?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts