Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing around e-bay and Amazon last night and notice all the aftermarket center stands, and I am thinking "why??" are they faster, more power??? I had no idea they didn't come with one... lol

Now I notice something that I am not seeing in pictures of other KLR's.
Is it stock?
Is it adjustable?
What is it?

I am talking about the black plate with 3 holes at one end, 1 on other.

This is the only bike I have owned with 1 shock, rest of mine all had duel shocks or rigid frames so I feel like a dumb-ass asking..

Thank you
Gordon

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,372 Posts
Haven't seen one of those for a while and I don't think they were ever 'all the rage'. It's a link with three adjustment points. Can't remember if it was Raised, Stock, and Lowered, or a range across either Raised or Lowered.

There was/is another version which is like a turnbuckle and so infinitly adjustable.

Better to figure out what it is you need as far as ride height and shock damping and talk to Cogent.

I think links are a band-aid.

Tom

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Tom
I am very happy with the ride on and off road, I am going to leave it alone for now just wondering about it, looked odd.

I am 280lbs and even when I do a short run to the store, 2 miles gravel, 10 paved each way, 2 up with my wife (110lbs) handles fine, don't bottom out.

Thanks
Gordon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts