Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled across this bike for sale. I've liked the looks of naked bikes and street fighters for quite some time. It LOOKS rough but I'm quite confident the mechanics of the bike are solid. Hopefully this summer I'll have room to breathe and will be able to fix it up and mod it to my taste. I can't wait to actually ride the thing!
Anyone else here have one or ridden one?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol, it bothers me when my bikes lay over too far.
What really sold me was when I noticed it has a 6th gear. Naked bikes don't appear very comfortable but I've found with my Hawk it feels nice at 55-65 because the wind hits you just enough to lift the weight off your wrists.
planalp it looks like a bike your avitar guy would ride.
I really enjoy fixing up and modding bikes so its good therapy for me. In the meantime, I like to ride them here and there and see if they're keepers or possibly sell/trade them.

However, I don't see the KLR going anywhere for a LONG time. That bike just fits!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got all 3 of those movie's. The 1st one is probably my favorite.

I've got some idea's in my head of how I want to spray paint it.
I would kind of like to paint it the Army digital camo, but that'd be alot of work.
I think I want to paint the front and sides glossy white, sort of like # plates. Then paint the rest metallic charcoal.

You guys got any cool ideas?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bedliner is an option.
i would agree with the lights, they don't look too bright to me. its alright though cause i dont ride at night and i really like the looks of them

·
Premium Member
5,480 Posts
bedliner is an option.
i would agree with the lights, they don't look too bright to me. its alright though cause i dont ride at night and i really like the looks of them
If the efficiency of the headlights isn't an issue, I would also keep them as I think they're crucial to the overall look of the bike.

Looks like there's even less surface on that thing to paint than a KLR, assuming you're not going to paint that silver-looking frame part but maybe you are.

For what it's worth, my .02 is that a bike like that should be kept a dark color. The digital camo would be cool, but I'm not the one who has to do all the work. The metallic charcoal color sounds like a good choice.

Make sure you show us what you've done to it when you're finished. Sounds like the Suzuki found a good home.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't hold your breath because it will be this summer before I get to spruce her up. :) I'm leaning towards satin black at the moment

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finished pics per planalp's request!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Looks great, can't get over the size difference of the two bikes. Must be quite a contrast to get off one then to the other. See your still carrying that rock around with you.:sign0173:

·
Registered
452 Posts
i love that v twin motor ,good low end power smooth as silk with same mileage as my klr on freeway .

double your power with same cc is a win win ! same motor in the vstrom and its a wicked motor .

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Could you imagine how nice a KLR would be with an SV engine?
I must be getting old because I seldomly crack on the KLR's or SV's throttle. The few times I do open up the SV it surprises me. That engine pulls like crazy around 8 grand!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts