Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kawasaki KLR 650 Adventure
136 Posts
Can we stop and appreciate the fact that that they put the little t-rexs on the bar end weights :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
That was a nice touch! Lol.....as far as the update I thought on the Facebook page he said there was gonna be updated pics this past Monday but nothing yet. I keep singing that old Ketchup commercial....."Anticipation...." Lol

·
Registered
136 Posts
Glad to see it is not just me anticipating the crash bars being available lol
My center stand is scheduled to arrive today.
The center stand is nice! Very easy install. I will be curious to hear your thoughts on popping the bike up on the stand. I'm not sure if it's because I'm on the shorter side at 5' 8" but I'm still trying to find that perfect maneuver to pop it up consistently. I feel like the "kick bar" could have been a little longer? Over time I know I'll figure it out but anyway yah report back how it's working for you.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Glad to see it is not just me anticipating the crash bars being available lol
My center stand is scheduled to arrive today.
Mine arrived yesterday. Probably won’t install it for a while, since it’s freezing cold in my garage and I’m a wimp when it comes to the cold. Basically, I buy a bunch of crap for the bike in the winter, then have 2-3 marathon days of installations in the spring.:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Received the bark busters & center stand this week. Down to the packaging, these parts are so nice. Their crash guards are the best looking out there so far IMO. Hoping they get a few more sets launched soon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The center stand is nice! Very easy install. I will be curious to hear your thoughts on popping the bike up on the stand. I'm not sure if it's because I'm on the shorter side at 5' 8" but I'm still trying to find that perfect maneuver to pop it up consistently. I feel like the "kick bar" could have been a little longer? Over time I know I'll figure it out but anyway yah report back how it's working for you.

Finally got it installed on the bike. The quality is top notch and the install was super easy.
I am 6ft and also have the adventure model and I tend to agree that the "kick bar" could be a touch longer but overall I would definitely purchase it again.
I am currently doing my 600 mile service and the center stand makes chain service a breeze.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Finally got it installed on the bike. The quality is top notch and the install was super easy.
I am 6ft and also have the adventure model and I tend to agree that the "kick bar" could be a touch longer but overall I would definitely purchase it again.
I am currently doing my 600 mile service and the center stand makes chain service a breeze.
Yes super nice quality! I'm getting better at popping the bike up. I can do it fairly consistently on normal ground now. I have a motorcycle lift and I still have trouble when it's on the lift but I have less real estate to work with. lol....balancing the bike and me on 2 feet? of space maybe. lol

Side note! Got word my engine guards and skid plate will be here tomorrow!! Woot woot! Look forward to that install!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Installed mine the other day. easy install for sure. It was definitely more effort than anticipated to get that pop. Had to experiment with several body positions and figuring out where to grab and how to heave my weight into it before i got it. Seems fairly stable, although i did have a close call & almost dropped the bike. I think to be safe I'm going to make it a habit to put down the kickstand too just in case it tips that way.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Installed mine the other day. easy install for sure. It was definitely more effort than anticipated to get that pop. Had to experiment with several body positions and figuring out where to grab and how to heave my weight into it before i got it. Seems fairly stable, although i did have a close call & almost dropped the bike. I think to be safe I'm going to make it a habit to put down the kickstand too just in case it tips that way.
When I first got a center stand for my 850lb Valkyrie it helped to put down a small piece of 1/2” plywood positionEd under the back wheel. It made it much easier to tug the heavy bike up onto the center stand. As my technique improved I did not need the plywood anymore.

·
Premium Member
11,043 Posts
The lever arms on center stands need to be long enough to be used as a 'jack' by stepping down Hard on them as our Right hand pulls up on the bike.
I'll still suggest that the T-Rex center stand lever arm is shorter than ideal for many owners.

Reactions: OutlandMoto
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.