Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were out today on a 150 km run along the bay of Fundy, Twisty,hilly,one lane bridges etc.Off the beaten path cept for locals and 20 year olds in their Mazda"sports car,oh and of course those gravel trucks....Im sure I was out of his sight as he was so close.
How do you deal with these kinds of drivers? Tailgaters!!!
I pull over when I can but the road being so curvey it doesnt permit stops often.
Oh annnnd I was over the speed limit by at least 20 kms most of the day.
Should I keep a handfull of gravel in my cup holder?

·
Premium Member
6,677 Posts
We were out today on a 150 km run along the bay of Fundy, Twisty,hilly,one lane bridges etc.Off the beaten path cept for locals and 20 year olds in their Mazda"sports car,oh and of course those gravel trucks....Im sure I was out of his sight as he was so close.
How do you deal with these kinds of drivers? Tailgaters!!!
I pull over when I can but the road being so curvey it doesnt permit stops often.
Oh annnnd I was over the speed limit by at least 20 kms most of the day.
Should I keep a handfull of gravel in my cup holder?
A friend just suggested a 'Flour Bomb'!
Or a squeeze bottle of tire 'Slime'.

·
Lifetime Member
2,483 Posts
Doesn't seem to matter how fast you ride (or drive if in a cage) these days, gaters are everywhere! Very aggressive drivers these days.

·
Premium Member
6,677 Posts
Im buying a Piper Cub!!
Low and slow....
Jeep,
Piper Cub, Really? Good for you.
I guess if one has to Go Fast Enough to fly, one ought to do it where there is NO Speed Limit!

My Father in law has an Ercoupe, he would like to sell.

·
Premium Member
6,677 Posts
Ya' know, we actually missed the easiest, most excusable thing, that we might be able to do!
Drag Our Inside foot on every corner, like a flat tracker/dirt biker. Is it not amazing just how much small gravel and sand that WE feel being kicked-up, when automobiles pull back in front of US, on a short, quick pass!
The center line and outside stripe are just Loaded with the Small Stuff!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Tailgaters

Tail Gaters...... :Tongue2:

Just came back from a short (1 week ) vacation in up-state N.Y.
Lot's of twisty mountain roads there. Speed limit 55 mph mostly.
Seemed like every body was wanting to do at least 65 plus.

Not bad riding on a good bike, but for reasons I won't go into, we were in the SUV. Save speeds were more like 45 than 55.

Traveled down into CT, and did a lot of secondary roads. Speed limit was 35 mph mostly.

Different strokes for different states I guess.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've installed Whealen LIN3 strobe above my taillight. It's a law enforcement strobe and you can easily program the pattern of strobing. I've been using it for past four years without problems, where NYPD, NY state troopers, NJ state police followed but never pulled me over for using it. Once even NYPD cop stopped next Tom at the red light telling me what a cool and safe addition to brake light.
And trust me, everyone back off after seeing red strobe!

Mark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts