Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read on one of the posts here about changing to a larger wattage bulb size from stock on the rear tailight. Can someone 'enlighten':) to what that bulb part number is??

·
Registered
507 Posts
I use one of those 'Spinning LED bulbs' sold on eBay for $13. I put it in when I bought the bike in 2006 and it's still spinning. They constantly flash in a rotary pattern while you are under way and go solid and bright when you brake,

My wife's KLR has one of the X shaped $49.00 LEDs in it and they Flash like a strobe when you break. (Sold on most parts sights)

These bulbs are both said to use less amperage while you are both under way and breaking but provide more watts of visible light also.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
2357. Only a few watts brighter, but hey every little bit helps right? Same cost as the OEM 1157. I've had no issues with the extra heat generated in two years. Keep a spare on the bike, they don't last as long.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, what happened here. When I checked the replies here earlier someone had replied with an attachment/advertisement for LED bulbs. But when I checked again later today that post was gone. Or was I trippin'.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Hey, what happened here. When I checked the replies here earlier someone had replied with an attachment/advertisement for LED bulbs. But when I checked again later today that post was gone. Or was I trippin'.
You probably did see it. Are you sure it was a post? This forum has ads dictated by certain keywords in the page content. I've been using Firefox 3.5.5 as my browser and I don't see them any longer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts