Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for suggestions for ways to make the forum better, your inpunt is appreciated.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Kill the KLR250 Forum.

Keep the forum concise and easily managable. Too many sub topics get confusing.

I'll throw some designs your way for some stuff to sell. Ask anyone in here, they'll tell you I can make cool stuff and money for your forum. But on the last site my cool stuff was shot down because the owner wanted to handle everything himself, and didn't want to defer any responsibilities to anyone else. He did end up using the header I designed, but that was about it. I never aksed for money or conpensation, nor do I expect any. I just want to help build the site's brand identity. Since that's what I do all day long for a job.

Give me admin powers and a I can keep things in line since I'm on all day long. I can help you with content and layout. I can and will squash any quibbles or profanity as soon as it occurs. I know this group well, and I'm highly respected on the other site. I don't stir the pot and I always try to keep an even keel.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll see about dropping the 250 section, I have noticed there wasnt any activity there.

The problem promoting other peoples items through a site is that you have to assume some responsibility if the buyers become unhappy. Thats what the section for selling items is here, for people to sell items on there own without any tie to the actual site ie advertising on the site etc.

I work in front of my computer all day, and after hours I have my sign making business where I cut decals and make signs and such. If the site continues to grow I am going to have to appoint at least one moderator. But right now I have some other things to finish up around here before I get around to chosing a mod.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I would like to see a trip reports forum added. I really enjoy reading others adventures. KLR people go to all ends of this planet.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Changes made to the 250 section, has now become a travel section.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I also have a sign making business. Well, we're a print shop, so we do a little of everything.

Anyway, I wasn't meaning that I'd sell anything... I'd just design stuff and pass it along to you and you can do with it what you'd like. The other site wouldn't take anything from anybody. And the designs that came forth were out of MS Paint or something. I'm an award winning designer, and I'm offering my talents for free to help promote the site. That's all. Otherwise, yeah I'll link to my own stuff and take responsibility for that aspect. (if I ever get around to it.) I've just got lots of good ideas that I'd hate see go to waste.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Outstanding KLR650!

Quote: Rick Blaine (Humphrey Bogart) "Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

Thanks!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Biker Scout said:
I also have a sign making business. Well, we're a print shop, so we do a little of everything.

Anyway, I wasn't meaning that I'd sell anything... I'd just design stuff and pass it along to you and you can do with it what you'd like. The other site wouldn't take anything from anybody. And the designs that came forth were out of MS Paint or something. I'm an award winning designer, and I'm offering my talents for free to help promote the site. That's all. Otherwise, yeah I'll link to my own stuff and take responsibility for that aspect. (if I ever get around to it.) I've just got lots of good ideas that I'd hate see go to waste.
I'm sure we can work something out. I am selling a ton of decals on eBay right now, and it keeps me pretty buisy every evening. I have some Ideas for some bike graphics I am working on but I am not quite finished so i cant show the off.

I also have building airbrush business. I airbrush real fire paint schemes

·
Registered
595 Posts
I love air brushing... I wish I had the talent to do that! Very nice!

I also did decals on e-bay... very time consuming. Not anymore for me. Now, I get to pick and choose what I want to work on. Much less stress.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I only sell about 10 designs regularly so I keep enough cut to handle the sales that come in, but then you have to package & address each one etc.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some recent finished helemts, I am flamin an '01 Ducati 996 at the moment.

·
Registered
18 Posts
1.5 bazillion different smilies would be cool! :D

Or at least a few more than what we have here...That's one thing I always liked about advrider, they have some good smilies over there.

And avatars, maybe? Or is that a touchy subject given the recent shenanigans at the other place...? :roll:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Somewhere here I have adreesed that

Check out one of my other sites just for that purpose

www.topsmilies.com

I have a pretty good assortment there and they can be used on any forum.

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Great...

Now I see that my bike is going to be re-painted, and all three of my trucks, my boat, the other three bikes... Thanks KLR650

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had hoped the general chat section could be considered for off topic / nearly anything. If need be I'll create a section for it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Re: Off Topic??

Paper said:
Is there a chance of getting an Off Topic forum?
Paper you said Off topic form......did you mean to say a bacon form? :lol: Couldn't help myself.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am sure now that the references made to bacon stem from the other site you guys visit, any chance someone could fill me in on it, I haven been to the other site, just wondering what its all about.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I don't know the history with it. But from what I've seen Paper likes bacon a lot. Kind of a running joke. Someone else could tell you more.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts