Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sirs, Maams,

Could you please investigate getting this forum listed in Tapatalk for iPad. Tapatalk is kind of a forum organizer and aggregator.

Thank You - David

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I'll send it to the adminstrator.. I've never used Taptalk, but I see it on other forums all the time.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have it on my forum and have installed it to another similiar forum in my area and I gotta say, it works very well. I love it. It's easier for a quick browse through the forums than using a computer.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paper, Vatrader, Tom,

Any word on using Tapatalk on this forum yet? My iPad logs me off the site fairly quickly. With Tapatalk, I can stay logged.

- David

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ok, I bought the Motorcycle.com app and it sucks big time. It supposedly is derived from Tapatalk which is free, but it works nowhere as well. It will not let me freaking log on with the info from this forum. It even let me register as a NEW user on that app with the username and password I use here. WTF. It is motorcycle.com being too sorry to develop a decent app and too greedy simply to be Tapatalk enabled. My email was unanswered.

Do NOT waste your money on the Motorcycle.com app.

The reason I want an app is that the browsers I have on the iPad won't keep me logged in longer than a few minutes. I just lost a huge post asking questions.

Do NOT give me any crap about not being willing to financially support. I did. I bought the app did I not, and it is useless. I do not want to be a new user.

This is not directed at you guys here...I am trying to warn you. I am also asking those with access to the owners of the forum to get word to the right people since those jerks won't answer emails.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Motorcycle.com has a mobile app that should work on this site.
They claim that they are a completely different forum....going through kawiforums over to klr is NOT this forum. I did get an email back, just not the way I expected.

So again, please join up to Tapatalk.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
OK I'll bite. What is Tapatalk and what does it do? Will it work with an iPhone?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tapatalk is a forum app for iPad and iPhone. It is a front end to make managing your different forums, their passwords, all that...easier on a touch screen. The thing is, the forum has to elect to be supported by Tapatalk. I do not know what all is involved in that. The Tapatalk app is free of charge. I do not know if the forum has to pay to be part of that network.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Just looked up the app for iphone. Say's it's free for forum owners and works with vBulletin 3.7, 3.8, 4. $2.99 to get the app on my phone. Not that I'd quibble over 3 bucks but you said the app was free? Will it work for the ADV forum?

http://www.tapatalk.com/

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just looked up the app for iphone. Say's it's free for forum owners and works with vBulletin 3.7, 3.8, 4. $2.99 to get the app on my phone. Not that I'd quibble over 3 bucks but you said the app was free? Will it work for the ADV forum?

http://www.tapatalk.com/
Must have been running a special when I got it free. Yes it works for The AdventureRider forum. I am on over there, but nowhere as prolific as there is a lot of political bias that runs counter to sanity IMHO.

If it is free for forums to participate....I really wish this one would.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
We have the motorcycle.com app running currently on the site.

Danged if I can find klrforum listed in the motorcycle.com forums. Can you give me a clue? I am feeling really moronic. Let me go look again.

No, I looked in the kawi section. There is a klr forum in the dual sport section of the kawi section. That klr forum is NOT klrforum.

·
Administrator
3,563 Posts
Since I did a search and have not seen tapatalk brought up recently, is there a chance it could be added to this forum?
I don't have an answer but my guess would be since this site is owned by Motorcycle.com and because Motorcycle.com has it's own app, they probably aren't looking at incorporating the TapaTalk app.

Personally I have no issues with this site on my iPad just using the Safari browser.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I use this app on both my iPhone and iPad and actually prefer the app over the website.I have never had an issue with getting logged off or dumped off from either my phone or tablet. I use tapatalk and find it ok but prefer the direct app.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
3,563 Posts
Motorcycle.com Free App
Is there any way that you can defeat the addition of the app ad on every post?? I find those annoying.

Same with those sent from my iPad / iPhone thingys. That was the first thing I eliminated on my iPad. Who gives a rats where you sent it from?

·
Administrator
3,563 Posts
If this doesn't have the app ad it is because I turned off signature in settings
:desismiley1: that was :easy_button:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts