Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help me out here, guys. Who's gonna try to make the ride on Friday morning? So far it's Max and me, and we'll pick up Ditchdoc in Maggie Valley. Please post up if it's in your plan.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was going to try to make it. I not going to guarantee it though.

Where do I need to be and when?

Paul

·
Registered
74 Posts
Jon (iyaoyas98) and I will be riding in Thursday evening and might go with ya'll. I'll have to talk with him and see what he wants to do.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm in fo' sho'. I know Danny and Doyle are talking about being there first thing Fri. Morning, hopefully they can make the cruise too. 6 days and a wake up :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hey Jon, first off I am REALLY MAD AT YOU!!!! :lol: {sorry Jon I just could'nt resist} I talked to Doyle last night, and we won't be able to make the start time for this ride, we have to get in some good riding on the way in, but when the next one heads out we want a place in line Gene. :D

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Excellent, guys! Glad you're planning on making it. 8)

Here's some updated weather guesses:

Friday: Mostly cloudy with rain possible. Winds from the E at 6 mph. Low 45/ High 63

Saturday: Intervals of clouds and sunshine. Winds from the SSE at 11 mph. Low 40/ High 62

Sunday: Periods of clouds and sunshine. Winds from the SE at 6 mph. Low 37/ High 64

·
Registered
53 Posts
Gene

I'm hoping to arrive before 10 am Friday.
If nothing else, give me your Route so I can stow my gear in the cabin and go look for ya'll

·
Registered
75 Posts
Gene, you think we might be close enough to swing back by camp around lunch and catch some stragglers? Or are we heading to the middle of nowhere? :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, no, it ain't the middle of nowhere but you can see it from there.

Hmmm... However, I do have another ride up my sleeve that can be ridden in two sections. If we take this one instead, we could make it back by lunchtime, more or less. The thing is, though.... we did have that agreement with Ditchdoc - we were supposed to meet up with him in Maggie at 10:00, and the "Plan B" ride is way the heck on the other side of the Blue Ridge from Maggie. It ain't even close. Anyway, If Ditchdoc is OK with the "Plan B" idea, he could just come on out to the camp that morning, unload his gear and get ready to go on section B2 with us.

What say ye? Express yerselves.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Guys,
I expect Josh and I will be pulling in friday afternoon, hopefully around 3pm. I plan on doing a short ride that afternoon but nothing extensive. Prolly just grab a local map and go check out a couple of the closest towns. Looking forward to seeying all yous guys next week.

Mx

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah Gene,
Please don't go changing anything for me and my entourage.
I'll just hook up with Gerald and Josh and maybe take and show them your 'secret' twisty road. :wink:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Greengene, changing would be fine with me. I will have all of my stuff on my bike anyway. Would you guys still be leaving the campground around 0900? I think I could make it to the campground by 0900 if I got out of Cherokee early enough. If not I will just catch you guys at the Lunch time ride.

Either way I am fine with it. More people would be able to do the "plan B" ride I think.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I just found out something that may have a bearing on which ride we take Friday. Dixie Dual Sport is in town right now. Friday's Plan A ride includes some roads that DDS is using this weekend during their "Octoberfest in Maggie Valley" event. The point is that most of these guys are considerate but, if some of them make a wreck of the roads, the Cherokees might get p!$$ed and gate 'em up. FYI, the gates are already there but most times they're open.
So, I'll go check 'em out Wednesday and, if I don't get shot, I'll let you guys know. If you don't hear from me afterwards, well... stay the heck out of the Boundary! :wink:

I'd really hate for ya'll to miss the Heintooga ride. The Dixie boys usually run their version of it on Sunday when they're here, so you know it's a good 'un!

Anyway, if you think you can be at the camp somewhere around 9:00, Ditchdoc, then we'll just have another cup and wait there for you. That way you can unload your bike and be more comfortable. Sound good?

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
If it is cold outside I'll be hiding in cabin #6, WITH THE HEAT ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts