Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

Tdt viii

5K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  TwistyRoad 
#1 · (Edited)
WOW! It's time for Tour de Tellico!! May is a great time to get together and ride some of the sweetest roads and trails around! If you can only make a few rides a year, this needs to be one of them!

Wayne is the new owner of the campground and is very excited about having us come stay at his place. The new name for Cherohala Motorcycle Resort is Cherohala Mountain Trails Campground........but the rest is the same as you remember it, with the exception of a few new amenities! There are a few cabins still available and have 2 beds.......so make sure and bring a riding friend. There is room for RV/Travel Trailers, but there are no hookups.

B & B Grocery down the street will be coming to the campground and cooking for us on Friday night, Saturday morning, and Saturday night!! They make some great food! Just ask tellicotim............he and his family run a restaurant in Cleveland, TN, but when he is out towards Tellico Plains, that is the food he craves!

Tours being designed based on numbers and riding style!

When: May 17-19.........Early Bird on the 16th!
Where: Cherohala Mountain Trails Campground http://cycleresort.com/
Who: Anyone who wants to come.....riding a KLR is not mandatory.

Rider______________When
cherokee_chuck_______Thur-Sun
harvickdaman29_______Fri-Sun
rileyv2386___________Thur-Sun
paintdoc_____________Thur-Sun
tellicotim_____________Thur-Sun
Joe Gurley____________Thur-Sat
KentuckyKLR__________Wed-Sun
AndreM______________Fri-Sun
skywayrider___________Thur-Mon
Telejojo______________Fri-Sun
Nick_________________Fri-Sun
fishy_________________Fri-Sun
Hurricane_____________Thur-Sun
Harley Phil____________????????
TwistyRoad___________???????
SloDon_______________Thur-Sun
DirtRoadPassion________Thur-Sun
Bob in FL______________Thur-Sun
Woodsatyr_____________Thur-Sun
BamaDirtPilot___________Thur-Sun
Pat in NC_______________??????
KLRaley________________Thur-Sun
Lucas__________________Thur-Sun
Tube8520 ______________Fri-Sun
Dualindalton____________Thur-Sun
Bryce__________________Fri-Sun
JWG___________________Thur-Sun
Wendall________________Thur-Sun
Mitchell________________Thur-Sun
Bob____________________Thur-Sun
Tims___________________Fri & Sun?

See less See more
#7 ·
Posting pics tomorrow night......

Weather did very well for us!!! The campground and hosts were awesome!! Great times were had!!!!

Although, TDT VIII was a rough one for Barbie......Thursday morning I only got about 15 miles into the ride when she broke a clutch cable....eased back to camp and lo and behold KLRaley had brought a spare cable....did I mention he rides a DRZ400??? Anyway, fixed it and was back with the group when TellicoTim stopped for lunch. All was good until near the end of our day, I threw the chain and it got mangled between the rear sprocket and the swingarm. Took the chain off and coasted off the mountain to River Rd, where I got a tow by holding onto JoeGurleys KTM to TellicoTims place in Green Cove.

Friday morning got a temporary non-O-ring chain and was back in business! Friday went smooth.......then Saturday came....all was well until later in the day when a wheel bearing blew apart!! It was on the side that the chain jammed, so I figured they were related. I sent everyone back to camp while Verboten and i stayed behind....KentuckyKLR came back with his truck and we went back to camp to eat a waiting BBQ plate dinner!!!!!

I am sure plenty of pics will surface...along with a few of my own. Summer Break is here for me and Barbie....I already had plans for a major makeover and this weekend sealed the deal. After 18.5 years of hard riding, Barbie is soon to be a new bike.....with the 719 big bore kit plus other upgrades, she will soon be called by her much more butch name.......BARB!

I plan on creating a thread for the full restoration, so watch for the before and after pics!

Great time as usual!!!!

#8 ·

#9 ·

#10 ·

#11 ·

#12 ·

#13 ·
A little GoPro video leaving the Leaky Pipe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.