Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm probably getting ahead of myself but there is a good chance I can host a tech day around January.
The exciting part.

Dyno tuning Oh yeah FREE

Two lifts

Door prizes.

more ideas?

Saturday or Sunday?

Get your ride ready for Alaska I'm probably going back again.

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
OK help some of out by telling us where Sears Point is. Jan? if Sears point is somewhere around southern AZ I might be there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Benjava, do you cali central coast guys do any costal range or Sierras exploration? I often cross the Sierras on my Hayabusa and meet up with alot of sportbike riders for long fun rides....but I ride by hundreds of "dirt road trailheads" and always lament that I'm not on my KLR! Anyways, I don't need a tech day (my bike is aftermarketed and improved to death!) but certainly would consider doing some rides....let me know. Raydog (Reno)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Benjava, do you cali central coast guys do any costal range or Sierras exploration? I often cross the Sierras on my Hayabusa and meet up with alot of sportbike riders for long fun rides....but I ride by hundreds of "dirt road trailheads" and always lament that I'm not on my KLR! Anyways, I don't need a tech day (my bike is aftermarketed and improved to death!) but certainly would consider doing some rides....let me know. Raydog (Reno)

I do the same thing. I just rode through Yosemite yesterday for a day ride.Turned into a two day ride. Snapped my belt (sportster) pulling into the gas station at Lee Vinning.:mad0235: Long tow truck ride to Carson City.

I would like to ride some non paved roads etc. up there but I couldn't even find Henness pass road one day last year. I need a guide.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I do the same thing. I just rode through Yosemite yesterday for a day ride.Turned into a two day ride. Snapped my belt (sportster) pulling into the gas station at Lee Vinning.:mad0235: Long tow truck ride to Carson City.

I would like to ride some non paved roads etc. up there but I couldn't even find Henness pass road one day last year. I need a guide.

Urgh, snapped belt. I replaced the Buell belt at 20,000..way too much slop for me to be comfortable in the far off places. Those things aren't cheap.:49:

We're going over to Lee Vining on saturday..gotta get to the Whoa Nellie at least once a year.
:11a:

Henness Pass...awesome this time of year!!!

:35a:

·
Registered
440 Posts
I would like to show up, but it would be in the car.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sounds like fun. Checking my calender.:16a:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm definitely in for a tech day at Sears Pt in January, if that's still in the works - need to do the doo! And check valves. And if this doesn't work - let's do one soon anyways - my house is an option - I'll host.

Thanks,
-Tom

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The dyno room is the hold-up. There is a chance it will not be ready in January now:mad0235: . I'm hoping somebody will hold a tech day between now and then.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Did I miss the date?? Is the tech day still on??

·
Registered
440 Posts
Thanks for the heads up.

1 - 20 of 244 Posts