Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends. I couldn't resist the temptation to ask rather than viewing former posts to find a solution to my problem. I live in Greece and I recently bought a KLR650 probably C. After long rides and especially when in traffic I get a red temp light which doesn't go off unless I shut the engine down and switch it on after a while. If I leave the engine idling the ventilator starts after a while, runs for 20 seconds and then it stops but the red light is still on. When I turn the engine off I get a sound of something boiling from the radiator which goes off after a few minutes. The bike didn't work for at least a year. The ventilator wasn't working at all but we recently fixed it and now it just does what I said before. The radiator had a hole just next to it's opening which was also fixed and when I ride the bike there's a coolant leakage from the bottom side of the plastic cap next to the radiator. I don't remember it's name now. The regional Kawasaki dealer and mechanic in my area says that since the coolant flows through the circuit and the ventilator turns on that the red light is a false alarm. I'd like your opinions because I'm in a dead end here. The bike on the road is wonderful and I really love it but I can't digest the theory of the false alarm especially when I get this boiling sound. If you think that my question has already been answered please let of know where to look and please forgive my poor english

·
Registered
359 Posts
Welcome to the forum! What year is the KLR? The ventilator you refer to is that the radiator fan?
I am not familiar with a temperature warning light.
Could you post a picture?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My dear friends SUCCESS. During a radiator disassembling the temperature and the radiator fan sensors were put in each others place. As a result the red light came on at the temperature where the radiator fan should start. At a lower temp that is. And the radiator fan was starting when the engine was running in the red zone. I think it's very useful for everyone to know how a simple mistake like this can cause so many problems. But thank God my mechanic whose fault was this figured it out and everything is good now. The fan kicks off when it's supposed to and no more red lights. I'm so excited. Thank you all

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Nice KLR!
One thing I don't like in the previous versions is the coarse if I say it right rear wing, wheel cover. I hope you got what I mean. This one if you notice if you take off the plate panel looks like enduro bikes. It has an aerodynamic look. I'm very happy I solved it. I bought this bike very cheap, it is and also looks old, it needs a restoration, it's gonna get one in the winter. It's great on the road. The sound of the exhaust (it's hole ridden). I had an XT600 twenty years ago and a honda supra since then so you can imagine my enthusiasm going from the supra to the 650 😀😀😀

·
Registered
156 Posts
One thing I don't like in the previous versions is the coarse if I say it right rear wing, wheel cover. I hope you got what I mean. This one if you notice if you take off the plate panel looks like enduro bikes. It has an aerodynamic look. I'm very happy I solved it. I bought this bike very cheap, it is and also looks old, it needs a restoration, it's gonna get one in the winter. It's great on the road. The sound of the exhaust (it's hole ridden). I had an XT600 twenty years ago and a honda supra since then so you can imagine my enthusiasm going from the supra to the 650 😀😀😀
You mean Supra the moped?
I actually really like the Euro style KLR. The body work is way modern than the dinosaur US KLR and the full tank weight is more sensible.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts