Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all from central Texas!! I've been thinking about getting some motorcycle riding overpants. I've been browsing the internet stores like Leather-Up, New Enough, etc. While looking over the KLR650.com website I saw they offer a textile pant ($100.00); waterproof, zip out liner and full leg zippers. Picture looks nice. Price is nice. Wondering if anyone has tried these pants and what they think of them. Appreciate any info. Thanks!!

2004 BMW R1150RT
2002 Kawasaki KLR650
:)

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Sorry, I haven't, but you will find that that website doesn't get a lot of respect around here...nor do they deserve it. NewEnough has never done me wrong. .02

·
Registered
507 Posts
Biker,

I have a pair of First Gear pants. You may not need the heavy weights I have for use here in AK. but I'll swear by the F.G. products!

Ard

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Textile motorcycle pants

Sorry, I haven't, but you will find that that website doesn't get a lot of respect around here...nor do they deserve it. NewEnough has never done me wrong. .02
Lockjaw; Actually I wasn't aware that there had been issues with that website. I have only done business once back in 2006. Ordered the tall windsheild for my 02 KLR. No issues. Windshield works for me.

As for "New Enough", I have not done any business with them. I really like all the information on their website. And I've heard nothing but good things about them.

I have ordered from "Leather Up" and like their products. Good people to do business. No hassle returns. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Textile motorcycle pants

Biker,

I have a pair of First Gear pants. You may not need the heavy weights I have for use here in AK. but I'll swear by the F.G. products!

Ard
I have not looked at the First Gear pants. You state they are Heavy weights? All of my riding is here in Texas. With the occasional out of state ride. Winters are mild. Some 30 deg. cold weather. Last few weeks have been 60's & 70's with some 30deg. mornings. Actually good riding!! LOL!! Lots of rain during the spring. I do have a First Gear mesh summer jacket andI love it! Thanks for the info.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
The issue is that they have ripped off other people/company's products and then not been up front about it. For instance...I ordered a doo from them thinking it was an EM doo, but it was not...canceled in time. I wouldn't want to do business with a company that operates like that.

NewEnough...great people. That's where I get pretty much all my riding gear (I can usually find what I need marked WAY down). I don't get kickbacks from them (although I probably should). ;)

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Another New Enough fan, here..

And, because I'm a nice guy (and don't need anything) I have a 10% off coupon for anything from New Enough for the first person who PM's me.. It's electronic, and transferable to anyone..

Tick tick tick tick

·
Registered
507 Posts
The First Gear pants have a removable liner and pads, are waterproof and if you ride in 40* weather you would appreciate them.

I carry them in my panniers in fair weather because if it goes sideways I can always pull them on over jeans and be warm and dry.

Ard

·
Registered
39 Posts
I ordered a few things from KLR650.com. The order was at my house in Pittsburgh before the things I ordered from Happy trails even left their warehouse. No complaints for KLR650.com here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ordered a few things from KLR650.com. The order was at my house in Pittsburgh before the things I ordered from Happy trails even left their warehouse. No complaints for KLR650.com here.

Keep looking around the web, there are enough to make you go Mmmmmmmm

No Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
If what your talking about is the non Eagle Mike Doohicky then I'm already aware of it. I'm talking about first hand experience dealing with the company. Not second hand opinion about "stealing" a design. KLR650.com's actions with me personaly, have won my repeat business. For $100 I'll prob order those pants from there too. (original topic of the thread) Full zipper, waterproof, lining, for $100! Yeah sounds pretty good.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Me too; I ordered a tall windshield, magnetic drain plug, oil filters, and more. All was here within days. No personal complaints about service from my end.
If and when I order the DooThing it will be from Michael Cowlishaw. I will continue to order other stuff from KLR650.com as needed/wanted.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Some People are Amazing
I have a question what is the definition of Forum?

www.klr650.com has been a good experience for me and to present time they have done everything I have expected from a supplier.
Great prices great service.
As for the forum member's that feel they need to send me p.m.'s to not mention klr650.com on this (forum) Go pack sand.

Oh yeah one other thing I don't visit this site alot anymore but once in a while I decide to come back and check out thing's and I see poop like this post, All the guy wanted to know about was about the pant's. haha and some of you call this a community lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree with you motorhead 100%. Every time you ask a question about a product (not vendor, Product) it turns into a vendor bashing party. Really Childish:25a: . When I get around to ordering those pants from www.klr650.com I will be sure to pass along the review. Honestly if I could get those pants at Walmart I'd do it. Or am I not supposed to say Walmart? Opps...

If anyone else ordered them in secret please let me know if you like them. You can PM me if your afraid of the Vendor Police.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Gotta weigh in on KLR 650.com, Always good for me, they even send the new Mefo tires here for free! No Body else will touch AK. at no additional charge.

Check out my list of goodies, most came from them, no shipping charge, fast delivery and no problems.

Ard

·
Registered
53 Posts
KLR650.com is gtg in my book. I have been doing business with them for 2 and a half years now and never had a problem.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Textile pants from KLR650.com

Gee? I never dreamed of a simple question sturring up so many goodfolks!! As I said before I had only delt with KLR650.com but once. Ordered the tall windshield back in 2006. It was delivered quickly. I still have it and have not had any issues with it to date. After all the positive words I've read so far, I still feel good about them. So much so I tried to order a pair of pants, even though I never got an answer about them. LOL!!! But it seems that these pants are a hot seller as they are out of stock but expect to have more in 2 to 3 weeks. Thanks to all God Bless!!!

BMW-KLR-Biker
2004 BMW R1150RT
2002 Kawasaki KLR 650

·
Registered
3 Posts
Riding Pants

If you have not ordered already you might want to check out www.Motodirect.com. I got a pair of similar riding pants from them last fall for less than $60 delivered and I have been very pleased with them. They have the removable liner, protectors, and zippers that go about half the way up the leg.

Here is link below. The model I got was MP510.
http://motodirect.com/category-1/17_32-Motorcycle-Textile-Pants.html

1 - 20 of 21 Posts