Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you everyone, the doo is done. The 08 had started getting "noisy" the spring was not yet loose, but after the replacement with Eagle Mike's the bike is so much quieter. It did have the deep hole that was easily corrected with the spacer that EM includes in the doohickey Kit. The gaskets were fine so I just did what Jorgen(?) did on you tube, wiped oil on the gaskets and torqued them up, no leaks. I was pretty nervous about "opening" he engine up, but it all went pretty smooth. Thanks again for the help and encouragement, great forum.

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
The 08 had started getting "noisy" the spring was not yet loose, but after the replacement with Eagle Mike's the bike is so much quieter.
Glad you're satisfied with your doohickey upgrade!

I'm wondering how the aftermarket doohickey quieted your engine. When had you last adjusted balancer chain tension before the upgrade?

I have an Eagle Mike doohickey with torsion spring in my Generation 1 KLR650; did not notice any quieter operation when I replaced my functional and intact stock doohickey and spring.

Yet, I'm satisfied with the upgrade also, considered by me to be sound maintenance and "insurance" for a Generation 1.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It had like a shimmy rattle under the cover, I'm assuming I was hearing the spring rattling, does that make sense? That is now gone, and fixing the deep hole syndrome is mind easing. Thanks to this forum I stepped out of my comfort zone and got this done and am grateful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts