Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
246 Posts
For everyone that is complaining about the 2022 KLR I would point out that the two other oldies but goodies (XR650 and DR650s) cost $6,999 and $6,799 vs $6,699 for a fresh 2022 KLR. The other two have no led lighting, no EFI, no digital display, and are modern day classics. I hope no problem with this, but they are a bit overpriced IMHO. You gotta hand it to Kawasaki that they have managed to update, but keep the price the same as the 2018 model. To each their own, but to me the KLR650 is a solid value.

Thanks

I was going to buy a drz400 and even had a list of mods.... Seat, lights, jets, mirrors, windshield, gas tank.... Then I saw that the klr has all of this, plus fuel injection, bigger breaks, higher weigh capacity, nice display, and cheaper.

I can't stop riding the damn thing. The only thing I'm going to change is the tires. Really leaning towards the tkc80s

· Registered
246 Posts
Where did the added weight come from with the 22? I can see some with the fuel pump. Maybe a little bit with the increased thickness of the brake rotors and the axle diameter increase but it just doesn't add seem to add up to 24 lbs. Another thing I wonder is if the plastic is unbreakable. They're starting to show up around here so maybe I can finally see one.
I'm not super sure about the added weight but the bike is pretty top heavy with a full tank of gas.

About the plastic, it is very fragile. So far this is the only real disappointing part of this bike for me. I've put her sideways in the woods twice and both time have caused damage. The first time I had to take the piece off and glue some mounting posts back on. Second time it cracked by a mounting bolt.

I have been trying to get crash bars ever since I got it but cannot find a company that sells any.

Frustrating.

· Registered
246 Posts
Out of curiosity what caused you to tip over twice? Do you have the adventure model or the non-adventure? Just wondering if the factory engine slider guards on the adventure model prevent any damage. Thanks.
Non adventure model. No guards at this time

First time I was trying to traverse a telephone pole size tree log on the ground. I did not get enough traction to get the front end up and ended up falling over.

Second time I was on a single track slope just got on the bike and had to turn around to go downhill, and I was just starting to go when the front tire rolled over a baseball size rock, forks turned right, and the bike fell downwards on the slope.

First one I fell hard, that was totally dumb, second one was like slow motion. The first fall the bike hit the upper part of the plastic. Only true crash bars would have saved it from damage. Second crash the bottom of the painted plastic hit rocky road. Engine guards would have saved that one

I'm waiting to get full guards tope and bottoms before I go single track again. I'm just not as experienced as I need to be. Plus I was with a full tank both times. The bike is damn top heavy with a full tank. With three gallons in it feels like a dirt bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.