Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
281 - 293 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does anyone know if the trans ratios are different? A 5-speed would work fine if it had more spread between 3rd and 4th, and between 4th and 5th.
As a previous KLR 2018 owner and now have a KLR 2022 Adventure I noticed a smother shifting gearbox up and down shifting and also from 1st to 2nd the throw is not as long causing a missed shift.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Couldn't find tachometer or temperature gauge in instrumentation pictures; anyone know for sure if these measurement devices are present or not?
I have owned two gen KLR and now own the 2022. No there is not a tack or temp. The idle speed is auto adjusted by the ECM. If your and experienced rider who needs a tac. There is a warning light if engine overheats but the engine fan is supposed to take care of that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The engine is essentially unchanged and will n eed a break-in period. How can you keep it under 4K RPM for the first 500 miles, 6K/1000 and 7.5K redline without a tach? The other option is the computer limits revs. Which would be more difficult, another screen or programming revs & mileage? Maybe the fuel gauge doubles as a tach....
Breaking in my 22 I made sure not to lug the engine or over rev it. For an experienced rider no problem.

·
Premium Member
11,970 Posts
That is not accurate, at least as far as USA owners handbooks go.
0 - 500miles maximum 4000 rpm. (In the older handbooks.)

And it used to be 'do not exceed 6000rpm' until after 1000 miles traveled. (90 mph in high gear.)

281 - 293 of 293 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.