Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to hear as much as possible about these fairings along with photos of them on your bikes. Yes I'm the guy who gripes about having to tap the bank too much for my bike but I want better wind / rain protection.

The stock fairing stirs things up more than calming it down however mine has caught some nice rocks on the roads here so it serves for that well.

I'm thinking about one for each of the bikes. Yes, we have two an 05 & 06.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Holly Crap!!!

You want to spend $$$ twice???

Great choice by the way!

I have the XS with the first twin HIDs...all I can say is EXCELLENT!! In all aspects...wind protection over stock. Adjustable windshield. Fanstastic lighting! Sorry no pics yet other than in my garage..

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c241/Willys52/?action=view&current=329-2984_IMG.jpg

Enjoy!

Ian at Brittania Composites is an excellent guy to deal with. Excellent customer relations

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that's why I grouse about the money pit. I have one and so does my wife they are both loaded from the shocks and tires up.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Just think what it would have cost to do it on BMW or similar..lol

You will love the KLR once you get it to where you want it. Unless you are like many of us who just love the winter fun of farkling. It's half of the joy or ownership. If I had chosen a BMW, I wouldn't be able to do this during the winter months either.

Any way...search out the XS fairing on other sites and you'll have plenty of enjoyable hours reading...many ,many others have already experienced the benefits of owning one, in your case two! lol

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Willys,

Don't worry the salesmen at the Anchorage BMW shop got my dissertation just yesterday. 13K for a new 800cc GS with no panniers, not even the mounting brackets, no hand guards, bare! I've had quite a few motorcycles since I was fifteen years old so I'm not new to this.

I bought the KLR because I'm a survivor and hold tight to my money. I liked the 05 Dakar but was not about to pony up the dough for one. Furthermore I based the buy on the fact that in my travels I seldom have been somewhere that didn't have a Kawasaki Dealer, just in case. This bike was the smart money and I still feel that way. So a new fairing is in the future.

The fairing has been a sore spot ever since my first 1000 miles.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here's mine

Mine has definitely helped with buffeting. I have to say, they are cheaper now then when I bought mine, you can get it with dash for $445 plus shipping. I paid $515 with shipping and no dash. Now they want $34 plus shipping for the dash, but I will probably order one. Don't expect it to be completely perfect. Mine had a few flaws when it arrived. They said it was from the mold. In addition, it doesn't seem to line up completely straight. I may need to bend the fairing/headlight mount a little. All in all, I'm quite pleased.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info & pictures

1 - 7 of 7 Posts