Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, Andrew Byrd here. Long time rider and owner of several Kawasaki's over the years. I've been riding for 20+ years, mostly on the Long Distance Sport Touring side, been riding a '12 Concours 14 for several years. For the last couple years my life long best friend had been trying to convince me to buy a KLR, always sending me Youtube videos of cool KLR trail riding. I decided that he was correct and that there needed to be a Dual-Sport next to my C14 in the garage. It would be a while but my next purchase would definitely be a KLR.

Three months ago, very unexpectedly my friend lost his life. He passed away at the early age of 42. Leaving behind his wife and 2 younger daughters. Obviously incredibly tragic. As we work through all the emotions, Sean's wife informed me that she knew that Sean would want me to have his KLR and it gave her great comfort in knowing that the bike would not only be in good hands but that it has huge amounts of sentimental meaning for me.

Under the circumstances, Its hard to be excited about the addition to the garage. I do know that my friend would be glad to know that his KLR (that he rode the hell out of) is in good hands. The bike is 2012 and he had put over 27k on it. Sean may of been a member here, not sure and I am uncertain of what his user name may of been.
I intend on being active on the forum, looking for knowledge on trail riding and learning more about the KLR. I have officially watched every possible video on KLR mods and what not. I do bring some experience to the table in regards to long distance riding. I enjoy Iron Butt rides and have done the 10,000 mile in 10 day ride twice. Next year I plan to ride the Ultimate Coast to Coast on the KLR- (Key West to Prudhoe Bay Alaska)

So like the title says there's "The good and the bad".

I do look forward to being a part of the group. Thanks for taking the time to read my intro, sorry if it was lengthy. -Andrew

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome to the forum, sorry for the way you obtained the KLR. Like you say, ride the shit out of it and honor your friend.

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Welcome, Andrew, as are any questions you may have about your KLR. Forum members will give you their best efforts at answers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts