Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yeah, it's not a KLR, but this definitely seems like it's pretty close. I picked this up with 100 miles on it, and it only has 105 it now.
The ergos are just about perfect for me (like the KLR) it's a big thumper, it's capable off road and on. It has way more power and weighs less, so that's a good improvement. I'll still keep riding with all of my KLR people!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
I've entertained the notion, the Husky 701 and the similar KTM 690 are what the KLR 650 WANTED to be, when it grew up!

:)

Oh, yes: Mind the fuel supply (in comparison to the KLR 650's Exxon Valdez capacity)!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've entertained the notion, the Husky 701 and the similar KTM 690 are what the KLR 650 WANTED to be, when it grew up!

Oh, yes: Mind the fuel supply (in comparison to the KLR 650's Exxon Valdez capacity)!

Yes the fuel will bite me at least once, but I rode my DRZ with the stock tank for a year, so 80 miles is about all I tried to do with that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
Yeah, it's not a KLR, but this definitely seems like it's pretty close. I picked this up with 100 miles on it, and it only has 105 it now.
The ergos are just about perfect for me (like the KLR) it's a big thumper, it's capable off road and on. It has way more power and weighs less, so that's a good improvement. I'll still keep riding with all of my KLR people!
I have a 630 sms which is a blast in the twisties. klr for long hauls
nice bike verb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts