Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are a new group of flies I prepared as a birthday gift for myself. If you would be interested in the materials recipe send a PM and I'll fire it off to you. For now just photos of the flies are posted, there are three in a classic wet fly / salmon style tie and three tied in the soft hackle Spey style.

The Cedarwood;

The Alderwood;

The Cottonwood;

Driftwood;

Ironwood;

Olivewood;

Every year I try to get something for myself that no one else could or would think of. This year as I hit the double nickle I made myself some new patterns. They are based on the concepts that the individual names imply and my favorite is the Cottonwood, I can see a cottonwood seed in that fly.

Let me know if you like them please.

Ard

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Those are beautiful, Ard. Really. You are lightyears beyond me, man. My Dad ties nice flies, but that's art brother. Even though he would probably kill me for it (tough act to follow), I'll post the bass patterns my Dad just sent me. Let me make with the pic/upload/photobucket triathalon.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Here's the flies my Dad was nice enough to tie for me. My camera sucks, sorry. And, I'm not saying it's a competition, but I think my Dad clearly takes the trophy and not just because...ahem...he has sent me flies to use. ;)

BTW, Karen just alerted me to the fact that Francine is flipping through my newest issue of Pennsylvania Angler. Gotta love it.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dan

Sometimes I sense a veiled message within a message........................ that wouldn't be what I'm sensing now would it?

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Dude, I got no idea what you're talking about. ;)

For real though, I dig interesting trades if you're interested.

I can't believe my 14 month old daughter is sitting looking at a fishing magazine. :11a:

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Start em young, then teach them to tie flies.

I'll be in touch.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Cool brother.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How bout a couple more?

Tomahawk;

Beowulf: