Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a silly question,,,but what the heck is the thermo-bob?? I read some things about it,,,not quite sure what it does. And how much$$$ are they,,,where to get them? Thanks.

·
Administrator
8,262 Posts
Scooter-

On the Blackberry, so can't do links too well. Google it and you should come up with a xanga page for Bill Watson, who makes them. I think they are $105 for the kit.

KLRs don't have a radiator bypass system like most modern bikes and all cars do. That's why they run pretty cool - all the coolant is going through the radiator. The cooling system doesn't hold the system to a constant temperature. The Thermo-Bob fixes that. Bill's site is very comprehensive and explains all. The product is of first rate quality and easy to install in a couple of hours.
I don't consider it a 'must have' item like the doohickey, but it is a Very Good Thing (tm).
I have one - it works flawlessy in all ambient temps to hold the cooling system at about halfway on the guage.

Tom

·
Registered
517 Posts

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
I have one and I dig it. Before, my needle never moved unless I was stuck in traffic and then it went higher than I wanted it to. I agree. Not a have to. But I like it.

I believe, as Professor cheap asserted, however, that it should henceforth be referred to as the 'Thermal Robert'. :46: :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts