Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, Im soo new that Im still warm,,,anyway guys, I can't post pics yet of what I've done to my 2011 klr yet,,,so far seat shaved ,,( im 5'7'') and I gonna be using the packrat mount with thermodyne cases...they are militry surplus for aviators...9 pounds each,,I have 6.. gonna use three of them,,,maybe sell the others....but do look into them,,,,,pics soonish! OH,,,im gonna use t-tracks,,,easy on easy off.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Repuman,

9 pounds per is a little on the heavy side. Did you every consider Pelican or Storm cases? Their lightweight and indestructable ....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pelican 1550

Pelicans 1550's weigh 11.9 with foam..... Thermodyne has been making cases for military for long time.... The cases i have go for $260 and are killer strong.. Down side... Olive color BUT . I bought 6 cases for $10 bucks each!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just went online to check the Thermodyne cases, very nice !!! your now ready for the zombie apocalypse.. At $10 bucks per who cares about the color. Spray them black if the green is an issue. I went with a 2450 Storm for a top case at 7.4 lb.

Enjoy and get some pics up when you get them mounted...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No! lol dont paint it, i tried. I did one case with bedliner paint, it did not adhere to the surface. They do sell them in colors but military surplus guys have em....do a thermodyne search in ebay.... These things are waterproof and have a purge valve on top.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Who has them for $10?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$10 casesi g

I got them from a military surplus guy in town..i bought all he had... They pop up on ebay from time to time.... For about 35 to 50 ish bucks.. Plus shipping...ill post pics soon... Im a noob so i cant post without having 10 posts... This is my 6th! Almost there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
these thermodyne cases

they have a label on them saying "aviators night vision imaging system", they also come with handles that are spring loaded. the handles fold back down by themselves, and it has 6 latches to close it,,,,you can buy a hasp to lock it from the thermodyne co,,,,,. the box has crushzones also and a label inside indication the kind of box and name,,,,,(shok-stop).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thermodyne case pic

very much like pelican but alitte thinner and lighter,,,,,very tough,,,,,cheap to buy,,,,,gonna mount them soon.

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
they have a label on them saying "aviators night vision imaging system", they also come with handles that are spring loaded. the handles fold back down by themselves, and it has 6 latches to close it,,,,you can buy a hasp to lock it from the thermodyne co,,,,,. the box has crushzones also and a label inside indication the kind of box and name,,,,,(shok-stop).
I've been eyeballing those cases and are familiar with their size because I used to get in those cases all the time.

I wish they were just a tad larger. Seems like any kind of surplus container available on eB is either too small or way too large.

I'd like to replace my plastic tote with something a little more secure, but I've determined I need to at least get close to its 2700 cubic inch internal capacity before I replace it.

The NVG cases seem like they would be an excellent top case, tho.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts