Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Think I've got just about spec'd out to me.
'22 with TUSK Pannier racks and soft bags. TUSK crash bars, tank bag, tank knee sticker, long shifter. JNS engineering lowered foot pegs, TUSK alloy foot pegs, Enduro Engineering skid plate, Yoshimura slip on, Thumper Jockey lights, V stream windshield, Kawasaki 12v outlet, USB, and heated grips. Oh, and thermobob plus a happy trails tach. Also different mirros and TUSK risers. I have some TUSK D Flex hand guards, but I can't quite get them on.
I will probably do the dew sticky at the next oil change and I may do a seat concepts tall seat.

I gotta say though, how did I go so long without hand warmers. I will never own another bike without them.

·
Registered
2022 Kawasaki KLR650
169 Posts
View attachment 38236
Think I've got just about spec'd out to me.
'22 with TUSK Pannier racks and soft bags. TUSK crash bars, tank bag, tank knee sticker, long shifter. JNS engineering lowered foot pegs, TUSK alloy foot pegs, Enduro Engineering skid plate, Yoshimura slip on, Thumper Jockey lights, V stream windshield, Kawasaki 12v outlet, USB, and heated grips. Oh, and thermobob plus a happy trails tach. Also different mirros and TUSK risers. I have some TUSK D Flex hand guards, but I can't quite get them on.
I will probably do the dew sticky at the next oil change and I may do a seat concepts tall seat.

I gotta say though, how did I go so long without hand warmers. I will never own another bike without them.

Looks ready for all sorts of adventure. Will look forward to the pictures of your rides.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Speaking of the doo, is the part number for the rotor bolt the same across all years?
Just go to eagle Mike's website or 3Dcycles and buy the kit, comes with the doo, springs, gaskets, and the rotor bolt. But yes, they're all the same. You can buy the rotor wrench, rent it, or borrow one from a member here. I would suggest if you do it, to put a THIN layer of RTV on the gaskets and side cover surfaces after a good cleaning. It's just insurance and be sure to wear gloves. When you go to torque the covers, tighten the bolts finger in a cross pattern, let it set for 20mins to an hour then torque to spec

·
Premium Member
12,006 Posts
I'll suggest that brand new gaskets on clean/dry surfaces don't require any kind of sealant, except for at the wire grommet.
Engine heat causes the resin in the fiber gaskets to bond with the metal.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just go to eagle Mike's website or 3Dcycles and buy the kit, comes with the doo, springs, gaskets, and the rotor bolt. But yes, they're all the same. You can buy the rotor wrench, rent it, or borrow one from a member here. I would suggest if you do it, to put a THIN layer of RTV on the gaskets and side cover surfaces after a good cleaning. It's just insurance and be sure to wear gloves. When you go to torque the covers, tighten the bolts finger in a cross pattern, let it set for 20mins to an hour then torque to spec
Nice bike Kenny. I concur on going directly to Eagle Mile or 3D cycle. I've done a ton of business with 3D and my experience with Eagle Mike absolutely blew me away. I didnt know there were still people, much less businesses, like those. The more you visit this site the more familiar you'll become with Eagle Mike. There's a reason. He's absolutely earned it. As far as seats go, I've had both Seat Concepts as well as a couple Sargents. I know they're spendy but your butt, back and body will thank you no matter which you choose. Both wear like iron and make more difference than you can imagine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts