Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
8,304 Posts
They should work find with no cable issues.

Here's mine:

I have heard that, if you run into cable issues, you can flip the throttle cables under the bar. I've never tried it. I have an aftermarket brake line (which I think is not made correctly), but I should think the stock line would be long enough. Test at full for extension for slack. My harness is re-routed somewhat to accommodate the tank, again, I think there's plenty of slack.

Tom

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Think I'll order a set. If I remember right KLR's are 7/8 bars. Correct?

·
Administrator
8,304 Posts
Yes, so you will use the inserts that the risers come with.

Tom

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
They should work find with no cable issues.

Here's mine:

I have heard that, if you run into cable issues, you can flip the throttle cables under the bar. I've never tried it. I have an aftermarket brake line (which I think is not made correctly), but I should think the stock line would be long enough. Test at full for extension for slack. My harness is re-routed somewhat to accommodate the tank, again, I think there's plenty of slack.

Tom
I flipped my throttle grip over so the cables attach at the bottom and got plenty of slack. The choke cable is a little difficult. Some rerouting at the bars and under the tank was necessary. Clutch and brake were no problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts