Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm new on the forum .
I'm from Quebec Canada
I buy in May a brand new klr 08 and the original tire are average.
I have 4400 km on the bike and the rear tire melt like butter in the sun
Anyone have a suggestion for my next one ? I make 4000 km on regular road and 400 on dirt road (logging road).

waiting for your answer

Bye Denis67

·
Registered
61 Posts
my choice for tires

also have an 08, stock rear was gone after 5000 miles put the mefo 99 on and is wearing well for as much pavment i ride (not the smoothest hyway tire) but it will dig a hole for a small swimming pool in soft dirt, and goes great on gravel roads.
now the front is gone and just ordered the front to go with it. got allmost 7000 miles now so we will see what happens.

·
Registered
23 Posts
changed my original tire for an avon gripster , great tire , wears well , does everything well , not the cheapest , but lasting well , front tire to follow soon !

·
Registered
17 Posts
suggestion: stay out of the sun
Orig tires are Dunlop 750's that grip good but wear fast. Not bad for an OEM tire.
Good tire that's better than OEM, cheap and easy, Shinko 705...700 is good too. What makes it good? Price, mileage, grip. If you want more dirt and sand capable go with the 700. There are better tires out there but they cost(not all expensive tires are good). Dunlops, Avons, Continentials, Metzlers are top of the line.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have on "08" and switched to Metzeler Karoo 2 tires. Good on the street, great in the dirt and gravel. Wearing pretty well even with street use. These are more of a dirt oriented tire though. $60.00 each on sale.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Unless you never go on trial or dirt roads I would avoid the street type tire's. I have use quite a few tire's and have settled on the Mefo Explorer for best all round use. For wear they are very good also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts