Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I put on a new leo vince exhaust and now its rubbing against the pipe just before the header pipe connects. I tried to use spacers to bring it out, but doesn't clear still. There's probably 1/4 i need. Any recommendations? I don't want to bent the pipe if I don't have to. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
F a spring, it’s just a bandaid I have a Cogent shock.
It’s the shape of the Leo Vince mid pipe.
I’ve never felt it hit or bottomed it out since I put the Cogent on.
Thats next
F a spring, it’s just a bandaid I have a Cogent shock.
It’s the shape of the Leo Vince mid pipe.
I’ve never felt it hit or bottomed it out since I put the Cogent on.
Thats next on my list to replace. Just debating on the progressive or the cogent

·
Premium Member
12,006 Posts
With a Properly positioned exhaust pipe it should not make ANY difference whether or not one is running too soft or too hard of rear shock spring. The Suspension still MUST be Able to swing its Full travel with zero interference.

If a rear shock NEVER bottoms (at least lightly), your bike is TOO stiff Most of the time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Cogent is not cheap and you’ll have to wait but there’s no comparison.
It’s the best thing you can do to a KLR.
I would shop around suspension shops. My local technician revalved and machined the original shock and dyno tuned for my weight and type of riding I do. Massive improvement over standard a shock and cheaper. If you have the $ sure go for cogent shock. It's all about the riding you do versus the cost. Happy riding!

·
Premium Member
4,832 Posts
Generally speaking; spending money on the stock emulsion shock quickly becomes a waste of money. Re; Progressive vs. Cogent, the Cogent is superior and cost is not much more ....what is different is that Progressive won't service your shock or sell you parts to service it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts