Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer who set up my 08 KLR set the tire pressure 30# front and 36# rear.The owners manual calls for 21#front and 28# rear. The dealership tech said the recommended pressures were too low,since it has been a long time since I've had a dual sport machine I'm not sure who's right,any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
815 Posts
For all around dual sport riding where you change back and forth from on road, off road and trail riding, you want the middle pressures. It's a compromise from dirt worthiness and road worthiness.. IE Dualsport!

The higher pressures are better when riding mostly on road and can also be used for moderate off roading. You will slide more on dirt if you try to ride aggressively. 36 seams a bit much though. 30 is probably sufficient for front and back.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Wanderer,the last dual-sport I owned was a Yamaha DT-250 back in 1970,been strickly on road till last month.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recently put on a pair of Michelin Anakees and have found over the last 2 weeks that 30 psi cold seems to work well front and rear. Its a little high for gravel roads but other than that seems good for everything else.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
When I'm riding on the street I run street pressures.. 34 front and 36 rear. When I'm riding off road for extended periods, I run 18 front and rear, and when finished I fill them back up to street pressures at the next service station.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts