Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 07 klr with 3100 miles on it, the rear tire is getting close to needing replacing. i am looking for a tire that will last a lot longer than this one.
i would say i ride 90% street at this point. would like a tire that will last on the street as well as go good on gravel and dirt. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
i have an 07 klr with 3100 miles on it, the rear tire is getting close to needing replacing. i am looking for a tire that will last a lot longer than this one.
i would say i ride 90% street at this point. would like a tire that will last on the street as well as go good on gravel and dirt. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Mich Anakee... Amazing and folks are reporting 8k or more.

I have them and really, really like them, wet and dry.

Sean

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Anakee next on my list to try.
I got a real world 6000 out of my rear Avon Gripster, that took a thrashing on the highway. Real good tire for gravel and dirt, but you don't want to even think about mud or sand.

I now have a Pirelli Scorpion S/T installed on the rear. The reviews have been high rated for the tire in regards to excellent highway grip, dry and wet, great traction for gravel and dirt roads. So far it is living up to the hype. I am very impressed with it. The rest of the year will tell the story on tread wear. So far I have about a 1000 miles on the tread and there is no visible wear that I can see. The Pirelli is rated a 95/5 the Gripster a 90/10.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Mich Anakee... Amazing and folks are reporting 8k or more.

I have them and really, really like them, wet and dry.

Sean

Had a pair of them and loved them...
Tried something else.. Dumb move..
Going back to Anakees..

The stick like glue on wet or dry, wear well, and do a fine job off-road as long as you remember that they're a great street tire..:)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just finished a 1200KM trip on the dirt, gravel, mud and crossed rivers. I rode about 40% on the hiway, hitting speeds of 140KMs on the asphalt and 120KMs on the old railway grade. (also in the rain)

I use Avon Distanzas... check them out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts