Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
My apologies, Paper!

Mistaken identity.

I jumped to a conclusion without being sure of my facts; not unlike FAKE NEWS (I regret to admit).

EDIT: Typed a day ago; in error neglected to post; here 'tis.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Rainier Tom worked for KC and was "let go".

While I've worked in dozens of mills, I've always worked for the supplier of the machines. Beloit (dead in 00') then Metso (which turned into) Valmet where I worked until 7 months ago when I got a better offer locally, with no travel, in the Aerospace industry. Odd that I now work on equipment that makes jet engines and I don't travel at all. :wink2:

And I see this forum has gone the way most others have, eaten by Facebook groups. 8 posts.. :frown2:

·
Administrator
8,275 Posts
There is a disparity in the amount of posting that goes to FB versus forums nowadays, but we take heart in the diametrically opposed disparity in apparent IQ. That is to say, quality versus quantity.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I still haven’t taken the Facebook pill, but I hear others talk about the groups there.
I’m still the Grumpy old man..

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
I try to direct traffic from FB over to here by linking both old & newer threads over here. Some times its a little hard to find the info I want to share from these forums, but it is Impossible for me to Find Anything on FB.

There are currently 4 guests from FB reading, "Overheating Issue". GoMotors water pump flow rates post # 16 & more I hope, https://www.klrforum.com/1987-2007-wrenching-mods/43977-overheating-issue-2.html

·
Administrator
8,275 Posts
I still haven’t taken the Facebook pill, but I hear others talk about the groups there.
I’m still the Grumpy old man..
I went to FB to see what it was all about. As Gertrude said of Oakland, "There's no 'there' there".

In short order, I was kicked off of all but one FB group. Ironically, the first FB group that booted me was because I came to the defense of a member who later booted me off of his FB group...twice. I have pretty much stayed away.

Good to see you again, Dan.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Thanks Tom!
I’m still riding the old ‘02. Although it’s due for fork seals and clutch springs.

·
Premium Member
2,923 Posts
The facebook discussions are largely newbies asking the same questions over and over and over.......most of my posts there are links to here or canned "my typical XYZ post..." responses....I wouldn't have the time or energy otherwise.

Dave

·
Registered
541 Posts
I went to FB to see what it was all about. As Gertrude said of Oakland, "There's no 'there' there".

*snip*
The truly frightening aspect of this absolutely correct statement is that FB has been and currently is one of the most significant drivers of our current financial markets. Apparently no one learned from the Dot-Bomb that sent our economy into a spiral nearly twenty years ago.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts