Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a post here that I can't find now about the tire valve always being in the wrong place when you need to check or air a tire.
Simple solution and I'm surprised everyone doesn't do it; depending how anal retentive obsessive compulsive you are, add 2 or 3 rim locks! Drill a couple holes and you'll have valve stems every 90° or 120°! You'll never need to rotate a tire to check pressure again.
Sadly, this only works on tubeless tires unless you want to add valve stems to a tube, but that seems like an awful lot of work to me.

·
Premium Member
5,481 Posts
It's not so much that the valve stems are in the wrong place, it's that the rest of the motorcycle is in the wrong place.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I've got a totally better idea. Add some gravity sensors and/or accelerometers (like what's in a smart phone) and tie them into an indicator light on the dash.
Technology to the rescue! Not sure how the wires running up from the tires will hold up though....
It should be noted my motto is "why make it simple and easy when you can make it complex and wonderful".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts