Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Down to one bike, glad it is a KLR. Came most recently from San Diego County and a GL1200I for trips with a Ninja 250 for getting around. Before that, had a couple XT600s in the Uintah Mtns. Glad to be able to do dirt since the pavement runs out real quick here.

Hoping to do a bit more exploring this summer. Been riding, just sticking close to town; commuting and Monderosa.

Would like to try Central, up north, or maybe Chicken > Dawson @ solstice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Figured there might be a few of us out there. Had some nagging starting issues last I rode. Assumed it was valves (never done in 5k) but 3 of 4 were quite tight and the 4th was sloppy. Will keep looking.

Also need to fix flat that ended last year for me. Was it Northern that was changing a tire for me, pinched my tube, and refused to give me another. Who around here can change a tire without pinching a tube and charging me $50?

Todd

·
Registered
23 Posts
Alaska Fun Center charged me $25 when i took the wheel and tire to them (off the bike). the other shop is right off farmers loop that will do it believe they start sometime in May. They are easy to do if you have tire spoons. just pm me and will let you know the place of the shop, or help you with the tires.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a time issue usually. Would prefer to do it myself. May take you up on your offer; chance to meet a local fellow rider.

Todd

1 - 7 of 7 Posts