·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK here's my contribution to the KLR rep... :character00271:

Get one of these

Put in on like this

Use it like this

To release just shove your hand over and it will slide back up the guard by itself

I've been using these for a couple of years now. Works great, easy to set and release. The sun will make them soft eventually and you'll have to invest anther $3. Should work with most hand guards that have a metal bar.

I had to change out mine and thought I'd share. :13:

Reactions: blushovl

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Intersting. :character00271: :)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
How do u set it while riding? I couldn't use it as I don't have metal bar ends. I did just buy the Go Throttle Cruise control though. It works great.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
How do u set it while riding? I couldn't use it as I don't have metal bar ends. I did just buy the Go Throttle Cruise control though. It works great.

The washer floats about mid way on the guard most of the time when under way. Maybe there's an air pocket behind the plastic shield that holds it there? I can hold the throttle open and reach the washer and pull it down to the grip to set it. Kinda hard to see but the washer is coned shaped and fairly soft rubber. It conforms to the gap between the end of the grip and the bar and holds the throttle open. What it really like about it is that it releases quickly, just give it push outward.

I just tried the Go Throttle and didn't like it. It takes up too much grip area for me. My hand is usually up against the flare of the grip. Also it was in the way of my fingers when I used the front brake.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I'll agree with that. I'll seldomly have it on a bike unless I'm planning on longer slabbing. Give my hand a rest.
If I had a metal guard I'd try the toilet washer.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ive been really happy with the Go Cruise Throttle Control. it works great and stays out of the way on the grip. I leave it on full time now and i dont even notice its there. Looks like the price went up a bit from when i got it, think i paid around 9 bucks. Still a great product at $20.

http://www.2wheelride.com/throttle_pro.html

·
Registered
357 Posts
Ive been really happy with the Go Cruise Throttle Control. it works great and stays out of the way on the grip. I leave it on full time now and i dont even notice its there. Looks like the price went up a bit from when i got it, think i paid around 9 bucks. Still a great product at $20.

http://www.2wheelride.com/throttle_pro.html
That's about $18 more than we KLR riders are willing to spend on a "cruise control" :) I'm kidding.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts