Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. My name is Rob and I am going to try to buy a 2015 klr 650 tomorrow. I currently have a 2011 harley ultra classic (full dresser) and as long as the dealer gives me a fair trade in value I'm going to trade it in for a klr tomorrow. I'm 37 and have owned about 8 bikes in my life from Harley's to crotch rockets. My favorite bike was a drz400s that I regretfully got rid of when I moved a year ago. Hopefully I'll like the klr as much. Excited to ride it tomorrow.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Hello everyone. My name is Rob and I am going to try to buy a 2015 klr 650 tomorrow. I currently have a 2011 harley ultra classic (full dresser) and as long as the dealer gives me a fair trade in value I'm going to trade it in for a klr tomorrow. I'm 37 and have owned about 8 bikes in my life from Harley's to crotch rockets. My favorite bike was a drz400s that I regretfully got rid of when I moved a year ago. Hopefully I'll like the klr as much. Excited to ride it tomorrow.
One of my coworkers recently purchased a used KLR - he said it corners better than his Harley. :mexican wave:

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
One of my coworkers recently purchased a used KLR - he said it corners better than his Harley. :mexican wave:
Thread Jack:

I've never ridden a Harley but that answers something I've been wondering about.

I remember riding two up on my Goldwing throught the Lolo Pass. I was on the tail of a Harley for miles and he was hampering my enjoyment with his terrible cornering, not to mention the racket coming from his safety mufflers. He wouldn't pull over to let me by either. American muscle has to be in the front I guess. Fortunately had to stop for construction and when they released us I blew by him and watched him disappear in the mirrors.

Back to our regular programming. Congrats to Kirley for making the move to the KLR. Looking forward to hearing about your experience.

·
Registered
96 Posts
An early welcome to the KLR world, lots of good people on here. :smile2:

If you get the KLR, most everyone becomes a farkleholic...so be prepared for for that, a thick wallet helps but there is no cure looking at the bike and drinking beer only makes it worse. :wink2:

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
If you get the KLR, most everyone becomes a farkleholic...so be prepared for for that, a thick wallet helps but there is no cure looking at the bike and drinking beer only makes it worse. :wink2:
If he has/had a Harley he's already a "Farkleholic".

·
Registered
901 Posts
If he has/had a Harley he's already a "Farkleholic".
True - but my experience with my Hardly Ableson coworkers is that "image is everything", so all their accessories had to say HARLEY DAVIDSON on them, and my one coworker who rides an Indian is the same, except everything has to say INDIAN on it.

With a KLR, it doesn't matter if the farkle says Kawasaki or KLR on it - what matters is functionality and price point.

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
As an avid dumpster diver and previous HD owner I too had to have the chrome
and image. Kept a few bits that ended up on the batcycle.

I have an HD exhaust tip on the stock muffler. A chrome strip from a hard saddlebag
found its way down the center of the front KLR fender. The shifter peg on my extension,
monster clutch cable, and license plate frame.

KLRley,
Hope you enjoy the KLR as much as we do! I started on an XL600R and later hadda DR650.
In between was two HD's, a Goldwing, two rockets. and a street standard.
I kept coming back to the dual sports. In this case a 2nd generation KLR as it's
more streetable than the XLR/DR/ Gen 1 KLR's. These have more weather
protection at speed. Not as nimble as the more dirt oriented bikes, but a great
dirtroad blaster n' such. I don't do whoop de doos or deep mud anyway.
You'll likely love your choice especially coming from a dirt background. Yes,
these things corner HARD. Ye hah.

Welcome to our somewhat humble online home,
Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeap

1 - 10 of 10 Posts