Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a few bikes that have a cylinder mounted behind the front wheel. What is it made out of and did you build it or buy it? What is it mounted to?
Thank you for the info.

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,498 Posts
I have seen a few bikes that have a cylinder mounted behind the front wheel. What is it made out of and did you build it or buy it? What is it mounted to?
Thank you for the info.
Mine's made out of 4" black PVC plastic like you can buy at any home improvement store. For caps on the ends, I used those "test caps" or "plugs." You insert the plug into the end of the tube and turn a large wing nut on it, which expands a big chunk of rubber inside that seals the tube.

I attached mine with stainless steel hose clamps to my aftermarket engine guard/highway pegs, but can't imagine it would be too difficult to come up with some kind of mounting points with the bike in its original configuration.

Some people use 3" pipe, some people use 4", some people even have a double setup with both. I used a piece of 4" pipe about 20" long. You can fit a lot of stuff in there.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took a 3in PVC pipe and cut it down to 12in in length. Painted it black and put (2) pressure caps on it. I am happy with the look and function.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts