1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
206 Posts
Wow cool, that looks like it would work well. I have been thinking the welding rod holder, but this has the mounting straps already..Appreciate it.

Just ordered two..

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Nice! Thanks for the heads up. Been meaning to get a tool tube to keep my fishing tackle in. (I suppose I could keep tools in there) :)

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Just a heads up for folks like me who don't pay attention...I just got my confirmation email and the shipping is like $6. Now, I still think that's a fair price if it's a decent product, but Amazon does that shit too and it pisses me off. Oooh, only 1.39 (with $7 shipping and handling...yet the package shows up with $2 postage).

·
Registered
206 Posts
I received mine yesterday, mounted her up a few minutes ago. Should work out pretty well. Wish the yellow directions werent plastered all over it, nothing a nice sticker or layer of mud wont cure.

·
Registered
43 Posts
just out of curiosity, why a tool tube?

i found myself at lowes looking for parts to fashion a tube when i had a revelation...ben, why the hell do you need to put your tools in a tube? then i said to myself, "well, self, it appears that lots of klr owners mount their tools in a tube strapped onto the front of the frame and by cracky, i want to be cool with a tool tube too!"

then i went home, put my extra tools in a old nylon zipper bag that was the perfect size sitting in the garage collecting dust, threw it in the bike trunk, and was pretty damed happy about this.

i know there are lots of klr owners who go this route, but why specifically a tube? i think i need to take a break from this forum because every time i read through the posts i see something else i never knew existed become something that i need! i think i need to see a doctor!!!

·
Administrator
8,288 Posts
An ABS tool tube is tough, the weight gets stored down low in a spot that isn't good for much else, it's always there, and if you stick a NOS sticker on it and paint it white, it impresses people.

Tom

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Tool tube saves space in the top box and if mounted in the normal location it places the additional weight lower on the KLR.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Tool tube saves space in the top box and if mounted in the normal location it places the additional weight lower on the KLR.
And in my case, I have a Pelican case for a rear trunk and it covers the area where a tool kit goes..

I've got the old fashioned PVC pipe tool kit mounted to my touring pegs, and yes, I've actually need to use them. :)

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Two thumbs up on lowering center of gravity.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
It looks like the same one this guy is selling on ebay for ~$10 + $10 of shipping so this is a better deal for sure. Maybe you can find some other items on the site and save a few $$$ on the shipping.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I bought three of 'em! (well yes, I do have three KLRs, thankyouverymuch)

Anyway, I haven't tested them out yet, but right out of the box they look very well made and rugged. Lots of threads and a nice gasket to hopefully keep the moisture out. AND - it came with this awesome change purse!

Looks kinda like this:

:35a:

·
Administrator
8,288 Posts
I bought three of 'em! (well yes, I do have three KLRs, thankyouverymuch)
:
What an embarassment of riches! Oh, the farkles...

Cool change fobbie, too.

Tom

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Just got back from Boulder, CO to Longmont, CO. Yikes it got cold, and well the freezing rain and snow was a bit of a trip as well. I love this KLR, heck I wouldn't have even went out on a bike tonight w/o the KLR!!! Great investment, and I got it in the garage just before the snow started flying. Fired up the GPZ and the KLR to pre-heat the garage as I wanted to do a bit of wrenching.

Cheers,

John

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
I think I'm going to go the ABS route so I can put some of those NOS stickers on my KLR so it'll do 100mph like that guy selling his in TX can do!!!

John (off to Home Depot)

·
Administrator
8,288 Posts
I think I'm going to go the ABS route so I can put some of those NOS stickers on my KLR so it'll do 100mph like that guy selling his in TX can do!!!

John (off to Home Depot)
Fercryinoutloud, John, any KLR will do a 100. The NOS stickers are good for at least 125...

Tom

1 - 20 of 52 Posts