Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im fairly new to the KLR world and I was wondering about these tool tubes I see mounted down in front of the lower frame cradle, Are they made from plastic conduit with screw on end caps and painted black? and can they be mounted without engine guards? Hose clamps? Thanks SZ.

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts

Yes. I used 4" black abs tube from home depot. Real easy to make. I will try to post a link that gives specific instructions if you want

Hope this helps

MB4

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Looks easy enough, Are the clamps fed through the slots in the stock plastic skid plate? Wait, Thats not the stock skid plate, I can see you went through the holes in the metal plate, If the link shows a way to mount to the stocker Id like to see it. Thanks for the reply. SZ.

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
I don't believe that you can mount it to the stock skid plate. But I may-be wrong. I will look into it!

MB4

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Looks easy enough, Are the clamps fed through the slots in the stock plastic skid plate? Wait, Thats not the stock skid plate, I can see you went through the holes in the metal plate, If the link shows a way to mount to the stocker Id like to see it. Thanks for the reply. SZ.
Don't mount the tube to a stock skidplate or you'll loose your tools and skidplate.

·
Registered
147 Posts
What do you guy's think of the highway peg's ? I am going to build a skidplate and I was thinking about incorporating peg's in when I build it.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I loved mine, made life more bearable on long rides, where i could stretch my legs some and relieve my bad back. Also as a bit of foresite, we laid our bikes over until there was only about an inch of clearance between handlebar and the ground. We measured and made our crashbar/highway peg combo so that if the bike fell over, they would hit first instead of anything else. With my pelican 1420 boxes and the pegs, the bike would completely lay over with nothing but the box and peg touching the ground. Yes I had real world confirmation they worked when my buddy dropped my bike on the side of the road one day when it rolled and the kickstand slipped up allowing the bike to fall. I think the over length of the crash bar was @ 22 inches without the pegs. The OEM foot pegs is what we used as we had put the nice heavy duty steel cleated pegs on in place of the slippery rubber factory units.

This is my buddy's bike, it shows the pegs.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Some good advice thank's DX I like the look of that made out of square tube. I have considered a corbin seat but the hwy. peg's might help me with a bad back also and would be easier and cheaper.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts