Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to give a shout out to Rod Morris with Top Gun Motorcycles. I emailed him yesterday at 5:00 pm central with questions about a rear spring for my bike. I told him I wanted it, and asked if it could be shipped out that same day. He told me he would wait for my PAYPAL to go through before he went to ship all the orders for the day! 15 Min later I get a email with tracking info!! The spring should be here tomorrow. That is great customer service. Thanks again Rod! So any tips on installation? I'm going to rent a spring compressor, but everything else looks pretty straight forward. Do I have to do anything to "reset" the preload on my rear shock? Right now its on 5. Thanks in advance.

Redpill

P.S. Progressive springs are being ordered today for the front. I'm hoping they fix the front end dive while braking.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I have been saying the same thing for years about Topg Gun and their springs and customer service, excellent. I would recommend adding an inch to the spacer length when you do your front forks, it will make a difference. As for the rear, it will be a trial and error feel to see where you like it after the spring install. I have been running their 7.4kg spring for 6 years with zero complaints. I have also installed many of them on customers bikes as well. ome say that the stock shock can't handle the new springs but I haven't found one yet that failed because of the stronger spring in 6 years of installing them.

I think you will enjoy the difference for sure!:thumb:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I installed the Top Gun rear spring. WOW, what a difference. Maybe the best $100 bucks I have spent on her yet. I also just installed some progressive front fork springs. Again, what a improvement! I'm still playing with the pre-load on the front springs, but I'm getting close to having it dialed in. It has made this feel like a different bike.(in a good way). I was really surprised how much better it corners with the upgrades. It feels rock solid now. I'm going to ride! Catch you later!

REDPILL

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did the install of the TG 7.4 kg spring lower your stock seat height being the TG spring is about.75" shorter? Thx...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It wasn't noticeable. If anything it increased seat height. Now it doesn't sag when I sit on it. Im 6'4 and now at a stop light im using the balls of my feet. Before I was flat footed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts