Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 08 out on the w/e for a top ride through some very nice trails close to Melbourne. I hit a 4wd track with the bike ... not really knowing how hard it would be ... Unfortunately I was concentrating too hard to think about stopping and taking photos' on the tough bits .... Took this one on flat part ... when I took a rest :) When I got to the top and found some guys (and a girl) drinking coffee in full dirt bike gear they just stared at my bike and said "You did that trail on that ?? " I guess I really was pretty stupid doing it alone .. BUT i did make it without dropping it !! (Thank God) Won't do it again though ... smaller (lighter) dirt bikes would certainly be the go for steep slippery trails ... STILL ... I had a ball !!

And after typing all that .. I can't post my photo cause of some stupid 15 Post "no URL rule"

·
Registered
901 Posts
Took my 08 out on the w/e for a top ride through some very nice trails close to Melbourne. I hit a 4wd track with the bike ... not really knowing how hard it would be ... Unfortunately I was concentrating too hard to think about stopping and taking photos' on the tough bits .... Took this one on flat part ... when I took a rest :) When I got to the top and found some guys (and a girl) drinking coffee in full dirt bike gear they just stared at my bike and said "You did that trail on that ?? " I guess I really was pretty stupid doing it alone .. BUT i did make it without dropping it !! (Thank God) Won't do it again though ... smaller (lighter) dirt bikes would certainly be the go for steep slippery trails ... STILL ... I had a ball !!

And after typing all that .. I can't post my photo cause of some stupid 15 Post "no URL rule"
The 15 post minimum rule cuts down on spammers. That being said, there actually IS a thread on the board that's made specifically for people to spam it up to get past the 15 post minimum requirement.

Here's a link to the "up your post count" thread. Enjoy!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad you made it safely. Sounds like you did great.
Thanks! It was just the best ... A funny mix of fear and excitement what made me want to reach the safety of the main track ... yet made me disappointed when I had :)

Just turned 50 last week and hadn't had a bike in that situation since I was sub 25 ... I waited to long to get back to it ... And now I wish I hadn't.

Cheers
Rod

·
Registered
901 Posts
OK So now I can post my photo's :) Thanks Acidman for the info on the post site ... was surprised when Jeff responded to my stupid posts for a bit of a yarn

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o506/Rowdy_B64/TeaTreeTk3_zps1527d2cd.jpg

Cheers all
Rod
Mr. Rowdy, SIR!

If you'd like your pics to show up in the thread instead of just the link, click on the "Direct Link" line to the right of your pic on the photobucket page, then, on the page where you're writing your post, click on this button --->

That will open up a small pop-up window asking you to post the URL of your image. In that line, right click, and then "paste" the direct link you just copied from your photobucket page, then click "Okay".

Then your pic will show up as it did above...

Oh, and it looked like a great place to ride! :mexican wave:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mr. Rowdy, SIR!

If you'd like your pics to show up in the thread instead of just the link, click on the "Direct Link" line to the right of your pic on the photobucket page, then, on the page where you're writing your post, click on this button --->

That will open up a small pop-up window asking you to post the URL of your image. In that line, right click, and then "paste" the direct link you just copied from your photobucket page, then click "Okay".

Then your pic will show up as it did above...

Oh, and it looked like a great place to ride! :mexican wave:
Beauty :) I shall post future pics in such a fashion! Thanks again.

·
Administrator
3,565 Posts
Rowdy. I fixed the image links in your posts and Acidman gave you the instructions.

Could you please fill in your location information in your Profile.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rowdy. I fixed the image links in your posts and Acidman gave you the instructions.

Could you please fill in your location information in your Profile.

Welcome to the forum.
Thanks .. Great to be here .. Been reading bits and pieces for the past 9 months, since I bought the bike. It's been a great forum for learning the needs of the machine! Love the bike ... Single thumpers are a real winner in my eyes .. (Once you learn to deal with the vibration and numb throttle hand on the longer rides! ;) ) Just purring along through the country roads at dusk after work ... so relaxing :)
Think I'll head out again this arvo ... ANZAC day holiday here in Aus today .. Perfect Sunny weather ... :doublethumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts